Create the overall editorial design identity for Writer’s Digest magazine. Maintain this identity through every issue as well as in other applications/products, including special interest publications, CD packaging, etc.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meet with editors to choose images for feature well, cover, editor’s letter, and features TOC.
- Handle image purchase and/or creation, review and corrections, working with the digital imaging staff. Reviews proofs for color accuracy and request any necessary corrections.
- Design features and columns. Includes initial layout, any requested revisions or alterations, and text element placement and alignment until editor signs off on final layout.
- Work with editor and ad coordinator to create final storyboard and ad placement. Notify managing designer of any needs for house ads.
- Design cover. Includes mockups of multiple images, placement of logo and cover lines, any requested revisions and corrections until final sign-off.
- Create post-script files of each and every page. Coordinate with pre-press staff to get printer-ready PDFs uploaded to the InSite content management system. Proof files and authorize transfer of files to RR Donnelly for printing. Work with the pre-press staff to resolve any problems that may occur with files.
- Prepare text and images used in magazine for online use.
- Repurpose designed materials for use in digital formats as needed, including downloadable issue PDFs and searchable annual back-issue CD-ROMs.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Degree in Graphic Design ore related field is required
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Expertise with multi-page documents, master pages and style sheets and proven typographic skills required.
- Knowledge of print production is essential.
- Experience with art direction of photo shoots is a plus.
- Must have excellent design skills and an eye for detail.
- Creative conceptual thinking and willingness to push boundaries and explore new directions in design are essential.
- Experience managing multiple projects, adapting to changing schedules and meeting deadlines is preferred.
- Good communication skills essential.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete our online application .
No solicitation from Third Party Recruiters please.
This entry was posted in Careers , Design . Bookmark the permalink .
← Sales Coordinator- World Tea Media
Comments are closed.
F+W Media, Inc. - 23 months ago