Asbestos Consultant / Industrial Hygiene Group Leader
Essential Functions and Duties:
· Plan, implement, and manage asbestos and industrial hygiene projects in the Minneapolis/St. Paul area.
· Lead business development efforts and assist with marketing of asbestos and IH services.
· Develop, organize, and lead assigned staff for the timely and effective completion of project work within budget.
· Interface with clients to ensure on time and satisfactory performance.
· Oversee the preparation of high quality project reports and deliverables and assist in the implementation of the firm’s quality program.
Under the general direction of office management organizes and assembles the resources required to serve the needs of all projects or within the department.
· Conduct job hazard analysis of project site at initial project stages
· Communicate hazards and special safety requirements to field personnel
· Coordinate special safety considerations with client
· Abide by safety and personal protective equipment policies
· Drive defensively, avoid preventable accidents and always wear a seat belt
· Attend regularly scheduled safety training
Will perform other project management duties as assigned.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and smell. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
A demonstrated ability to evaluate the technical requirements of segments of the individual projects, outline the tasks, staffing and equipment requirements, establish fees, scope and project budgets and outline a project schedule.
An ability to manage a moderate size staff of professionals, technicians, inspectors and/or administrative staff and direct their efficient utilization on assigned projects.
A demonstrated ability to administer all project general and technical data and reports and to communicate orally and in writing to all parties involved.
Ability, knowledge, and experience to develop the asbestos practice in Milwaukee and the surrounding areas.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; outside weather conditions; high, precarious places; extreme cold and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Overnight travel may be required with this position.
· Relevant experience (8 to 10 years) in a consulting environment with focus on asbestos and industrial hygiene practice, including lead, mold, radon, and indoor air quality evaluations. Have a special emphasis on asbestos experience.
· Candidate must possess effective communication skills (written, verbal and listening) and solid interpersonal skills.
· Knowledgeable of all applicable regulations and codes related to this practice area.
· BS degree in relevant science discipline, or above; licensure/certification in multiple asbestos/IH areas.
Valid driver’s license (unless arrangements have been made with approval of Operating Group Manager).
A license or certification as a technical professional in field of expertise is required. Must have asbestos certificates for Wisconsin and certificates for surrounding states is also a plus.
Terracon Consultants, Inc. has an immediate need for a senior level asbestos consultant / industrial hygiene practice leader in its Milwaukee, Wisconsin office. The position includes management of asbestos and industrial hygiene projects, regulatory consulting, development of assessment and remediation programs, client liaison, and business development.
Terracon - 16 months ago
Employee-owned Terracon Consultants provides geotechnical, environmental, construction material evaluation, pavement engineering and...