APAC - Texas - Wheeler Coatings
Job Requisition ID: 38673
Job Type: Driver / Delivery / CDL
Work Time: Regular
State: Texas (US-TX)
Postal/Zip Code: 76513
Asphalt Distributor Operator/Truck Driver
Job Description Summary
The primary task of the Asphalt Distributor Truck Driver is to safely control and operator the Asphalt Distributor/Tack Truck.
The ideal candidate will:
· Hold a current CDL with Tanker endorsement .
· Pass a pre-employment “Fit for Work” physical.
· Be able to provide valid documentation for the I-9 Immigration document.
· Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors and the general public at all times.
· Willing to travel and work away from home when required.
· Be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
· Report to work at the designated start time.
· Be able to work overtime when required.
· Be willing to work outdoors in extreme temperatures, both hot and cold.
· Strictly adhere to safety requirements and procedures.
· Have the willingness to work in a team environment.
· Wear personal protective equipment (PPE) in designated operations and production areas as stated by OSHA and / or MSHA.
· Be at least age 18 years of age due to nature of working environment.
· Possess a High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
· Prefer at least 1 year of related experience or training
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle Materials is the leading vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mixed concrete and paving services with 1400 locations nationwide. From coast to coast, Oldcastle Materials delivers quality, dependable results to customers ranging from federal agencies to small construction companies. Our culture is special as well. Our most valued asset is our people, and Talent Management is an ongoing process that helps us to identify, develop and leverage more than 18,000 employees. Whether we’re safely paving miles of interstate, building two thousand-foot-long bridges or building roads in national parks, Oldcastle Materials’ continued investment in people, performance and communities has position us as an industry leader.
Oldcastle Materials is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with Oldcastle Materials!
What Oldcastle offers you
· Highly competitive base pay
· Comprehensive medical, dental, and disability benefits programs
· Group retirement savings program
· Health and wellness programs
· A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion.
APAC Texas Inc. is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please take 10 minutes to complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in expanding your career with APAC Texas Inc.
APAC - Texas - Wheeler Coatings is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
APAC - Texas - Wheeler Coatings is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle - 13 months ago
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...