State: New York
Postal/Zip Code: 12189
Callanan Industries, Inc. was founded in 1883 as an aggregate mining company. Over a century later, Callanan Industries, Inc. continues to be a leading supplier of paving materials and construction services, providing a complete range of high quality aggregates, asphalt paving, and ready mix concrete products to state, federal, municipal, commercial, and private customers with operations throughout New York State and Western Massachusetts. Callanan Industries, Inc. was purchased by Oldcastle, Inc. in 1985.
Job Description Summary
We are searching for a Plant Operator for our Watervliet, NY location. Candidates will report directly to the site superintendent communicating production requirements and maintenance needs.
- Seasonal position with overtime required during the peak season
- Operates plant according to production schedule using appropriate materials
- Monitor asphalt operation to ensure quality mix
- Performs a wide range of laboring duties within an Asphalt Plant
- Assist in plant maintenance and in compiling reports regarding plant production and maintenance
- Properly follow all company policies along with OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Experience in mechanical maintenance
- Experience in welding/fabricating
- Operate equipment in a safe and professional manner
- Operate and maintain equipment in a safe and clean condition
- Have the ability to follow through with efficiency on verbal and written instructions
- Maintain excellent attendance, and maintain a can-do, positive attitude
- Must pass physical exam, drug screen and background check before being employed by Callanan Industries, Inc.
- Valid Driver’s License
- Basic computer skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Word and Excel preferred
- Prior experience in the asphalt field
- Prior experience is preferred, but training will be provided as needed
What Oldcastle Offers You
- Highly competitive union wages
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
Oldcastle has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the Oldcastle family. Oldcastle operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the Oldcastle family!
Callanan Industries, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer
Callanan Industries, Inc. is part of the Oldcastlecareers™ network.
Oldcastle is the largest manufacturer of building products and materials in North America with more than 1500 locations and 35,000...