The Division of Interdisciplinary Studies of Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts invites applicants for a full-time position in our Interdisciplinary Studies Program. This position is a 12-month assignment beginning in July 2014. Reporting to the Division Director, the Assistant/Associate Professor will teach courses and advise students, sustain research and scholarly activities, serve as lead faculty for international student cohorts, and participate in university citizenship. Must have a Ph.D. in related field, licensure preferred but not required.
- Must have a doctoral degree in psychology, counseling or a related field.
- Must be able to demonstrate successful teaching experience at the graduate level.
- Must have at least five (5) years of clinical practice experience; preference will be given to individuals who are licensed to practice.
- A record of scholarship.
- Must be competent to teach in areas that include: cross cultural psychology, counseling/psychology assessment, intervention, trauma studies, contemplative studies and ideally mindfulness practice.
- Must have experience working with international students and have a demonstrated interest in developing culturally relevant curricula.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Authorization to work in the United States.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received. Applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled.
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.