Since 1963, Cook Group companies have been among the leaders in developing healthcare devices that have improved lives around the world. COOK remains at the forefront of medical research and worldwide sales of products for endovascular therapy, critical care medicine, general surgery, diagnostic and interventional procedures, bioengineered tissue replacement and regeneration, gastroenterology and endoscopy procedures, urology, and obstetrics and gynecology. COOK is a global company with a global focus - and a global future.
The Endoscopy Strategic Business Unit was established to provide innovative products for gastrointestinal endoscopy. By working closely with prominent gastroenterologists, Cook Endoscopy has become a worldwide leader in the design, development and manufacture of devices used in gastrointestinal endoscopy, bronchoscopy, and surgery, in the treatment of esophageal, stomach, pancreatic, liver and colon disorders. Key product lines include but are not limited to sphincterotomes, wire guides, biliary stents, forceps, needles, cytology brushes, multi-band ligators, Percutaneous Endoscopic Gastrostomy systems (PEGs) and polypectomy snares.
The primary purpose of this position is to perform minute, fabrication, assembly and/or packaging of gastrointestinal medical devices.
- Fabrication of raw materials into specified products per specifications and drawings and all other associated documentation through various mechanical and/or manual techniques.
- Check product for overall quality and workability.
- Perform various inspection and/or testing as required.
- Complete any necessary documentation.
- Perform various computer functions.
- Deliver specified product to designated area.
- Perform daily and weekly clean up duties per CMA policy.
- Assist engineering for the introduction of new or improved products into production.
- Interacts with other departments, support groups, engineers, vendors, and plant visits.
- Assist in training new employee in department.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- Ability to read/write/understand product documentation and specification drawings written in English.
- Ability to use small measuring devices and gauges.
- Basic computer entry/retrieval skills.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Good manual dexterity.
- Majority of the day is spent frequently moving around/sitting in a "controlled" environment.
- Limited exposure to hazardous chemicals used in the manufacturing of the product.
- Ability to occasionally lift approximately 5 - 50 lbs.
- Base Salary
- Teamwork bonus
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with company match
- Profit sharing
- Medical, dental, and vision
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible spending account
- Educational assistance/reimbursement
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Cook Medical - 12 months ago
Belonging to the Cook Medical division of the Cook Group, Cook Incorporated makes thousands of medical devices and related items. Its...