Panasonic Avionics is the world leader in in-flight entertainment and communications, with most systems installed, most airlines served, and the industries deepest knowledge base, developed with over 25 years of consistent product innovation and committed customer service.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is headquartered in Lake Forest, California, with offices in Bothell, Washington; regional centers in Dallas, Singapore, London, Toulouse, Tokyo, Sydney and Dubai; system production facilities in Osaka; and field service, maintenance and sales facilities worldwide.
Panasonic Avionics Corporation is a subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation of North America. Panasonic Corporation of North America, based in New Jersey, is the principal North American subsidiary of Panasonic Corporation (NYSE: PC) and the hub of Panasonic's U.S. marketing, sales and service operations.
Performs complex electro-mechanical assembly operations. Builds antenna product against manufacturing drawings and instructions and builds prototype assemblies from Engineering written instructions. Validates workmanship and checks quality of previous assembly operations, meeting or exceeding output requirements.
• Builds basic Level I through semi-complex Level II assemblies utilizing engineering and manufacturing documentation with minimal supervision.
• Performs a variety of operations, including troubleshooting and rework, requiring a sufficient understanding of the functional operation of the items assembled as well as finished product.
• Oversees quality activities, including self-inspection.
• Works with Engineering to assemble prototype assemblies from written instructions.
• Assemble/disassemble mechanical and electrical assemblies with a variety of hand tools, such as screwdrivers, torque wrenches, standard wrenches, hammers, crimpers, solder guns as well as operate test equipment.
• Performs various ATP tests including dielectric test, bonding test, continuity test and fiber optic test with minimal supervision.
• Provide Training to junior level assembly operators.
• Perform in a team environment with good interpersonal skills is necessary with commitment to the highest quality achievable and work with minimal supervision.
• Proficient computer skills to access released drawings
• Must be able to use SAP or any MRP system
• Must be able to work in a changing fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must be able to meet or exceed quality and quantity standards.
• Must be able to maintain regular and reliable attendance.
• Must be able to maintain safe, clean and organized work areas.
• Must be able to learn new skills when presented new information.
• Must be capable of reading, understanding and following instructions, written or verbal.
• High School diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Minimum of Six years of assembly and test experience.
• Experience with hand tools, calibrated equipment (i.e. crimpers), jigs and tooling fixtures.
• Physical Requirements:
o Ability to stand/walk for an extended period of time.
o Repetitive hand/feet movement required in the use of manual and electric tools, (for example screwdrivers, torque wrenches, manual and pneumatic presses, etc.); Ability to tighten a variety of screws, nuts, fittings and other fasteners on a frequent basis. Ability to grip, pinch, grasp, bend, crouch, kneel and twist to operate various tools and machines for extended period of time
o Ability to lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
o Good hand-eye coordination, sharp eyesight for ensuring accuracy.
o Ability to maintain normal levels of productivity.
o Ability to follow detailed instructions, procedures and workflow.
o Travel 5% domestic Panasonic and suppliers locations.
o Ability to perform assembly operations in a semi clean room environment.
Panasonic - 17 months ago