The Assembly Production Supervisor manages 4 to 6 Team Leaders who supervise a total of 6 to 10 hourly employees and is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include orientation and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
HOW YOU WILL IMPACT MWV
WHAT YOU NEED TO SUCCEED
- 25% - Quality Assurance; problem solving, trouble shooting, rework, decision making, rejection, etc.
- 25% - Managing and scheduling of personnel; work schedule, reviews, counseling, training, meetings, safety, etc.
- 20% - Documentation: Recording and filing for tracking of production and personnel, production reports, sorting, meetings, rework, etc.
- 10% - Schedule Production order sequence on equipment.
- 10% - Perform inventory counts, audits, and variances on a daily basis
- 10% - Collect and analyze data of production: data entry, graphs, use of spreadsheets and graphic software.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a four year college or university or Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Four (4) to six (6) years related experience.
- Problem Solving Skills - Includes employee issues, complaints and problems, technology problems, scheduling conflicts, quality issues, customer complaints, inventory, training, internal and external customers and vendors. Must adhere to all established rules, policies, and regulations of the company.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work 3rd Shift is required
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, risk of electrical shock, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
MWV is a global leader in packaging and packaging solutions. Our fresh insights, innovative products, global manufacturing, and unparalleled...