This is an hourly position starting at $20.00/hour.
As Assembly Support at Caterpillar Inc., you will directly support Manufacturing Engineers and assembly on plant floor through design and documentation of layout, tooling, fixtures, handling systems, safety, and ergonomics and other duties as assigned. This position is under limited supervision.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Since its' inception more than 80 years ago, Caterpillar has grown to be the largest maker of construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines and industrial gas turbines in the world. In partnership with our worldwide dealer network, Caterpillar is driving positive and sustainable change on every continent.
As a global, diverse technology leader, Caterpillar is committed to excellence in all that we do. We are proud of our role in building the world's infrastructure. And we're proud of who we are thousands of people making progress possible around the world.
The Building Construction Products (BCP) Division is a global division of Caterpillar, Inc. that employs several thousand employees located at over 8 facilities worldwide. BCP has facilities in
(Cary, Clayton, Sanford), the
. Also, BCP has announced a new facility near
. Products designed, manufactured, and distributed by BCP include skid steer loaders, backhoe loaders, compact track loaders, multi-terrain loaders, small wheel loaders, small track-type tractors, and mini-hydraulic excavators. BCP's mission statement is: Achieve profitable growth by providing customers with the highest quality, best value building construction products, work tools, and integrated solutions in the industry.
BCP is proud to be a family friendly, flexible employer with a very competitive Total Rewards package. We have been recognized in 2011 and 2012 as a "Family Friendly 50" employer by Carolina Parent magazine and won the 2012 Capital Associated Industries (CAI) "Ovation Award" for HR excellence (Large Employer category).
Job duties/Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Create tool lists for assembly.
- Provide tooling support to the line as needed including: battery repair, DC electric and air-torque tooling, preventative maintenance tools, and tooling calibration.
- Develops final work orders which detail processing steps and procedures, identified component parts, specifies technical aspects of part installation or application and identifies tooling or fixtures required for production.
- Performs changes and updates to standard work schedules and other relevant assembly procedures based on Engineering input.
- May create documentation required for capital maintains both capital and expense budget accounts.
- Follows and utilizes Caterpillar Production System principles of 5S, Continuous Improvement Idea Reporting, Waste Elimination, and Standard Work.
- Relies on independent decision-making and problem solving to complete job tasks.
- Must meet deadlines.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Use Engineering prints and release notices to develop production operation sequence and documents in assembly routing system.
- Develop layouts using CAD system and identifies material locations.
- Download tool data and provides analyzed torque data to Certification Team and creates and maintains data files on torque tools specified by Certification Team.
- Utilizes systems such as CAD, Bin System, and Team Center.
- Cross-functional communication to complete tasks.
- Provide summaries to leadership.
- Contributing team member
- Successful completion of Caterpillar Non-Management Selection Process
- Assembly Planner function requires a 2 year degree or equivalent
- Effective Communication
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem identification and solving skills.-Good interpersonal skills
- Computer literate-Strong math background
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Operations/Industrial Planning Experience
- Auto CAD experience
- Understanding of the Assembly Planning Systems
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods
- Ability to perform repetitive operations
- Ability to lift up to 35 lbs
Caterpillar is proud of the role we play in building the world's infrastructure. The work we do drives progress for millions of people around the globe.
- Advanced Computer and Caterpillar Systems Knowledge
- Welding/fabrication experience in a manufacturing environment
- CNC machining experience
- Experience with SAP
Caterpillar is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mar 22, 2013, 11:59:00 PM
United States-Georgia-Athens-ATHENS02-BCP Athens
Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Caterpillar - 16 months ago
For more than 85 years, Caterpillar has been making sustainable progress possible — for our customers, for growing communities and for...