Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is the only
freestanding, full-service psychiatric hospital in the Birmingham
area. It draws on a rich tradition while staying on the cutting edge
of new developments in treating psychiatric illness and enhancing
mental health. We treat mental illness, emotional problems, and
adults with chemical dependency.
Hill Crest BHS currently has an Assessment
Coordinator position available. This person provides a range of
intake and associated administrative services to patients being
admitted to the hospital.
- Receives Helpline/Referral calls; relays
information for follow-up in a timely manner.
- Follows up on Helpline calls, missed
appointments, and waiting list.
- Informs callers of programs available at Hill
- Offers and schedules on-site
- Communicates with appropriate MD following
recommendations for dispositions.
- Coordinates admission process with nursing
- Obtains sufficient information for
verification of insurance benefits.
- Collects data to utilize in the assessment
- Maintains phone log.
- Maintains good working relationship with all
hospital staff and outside referring agencies.
- Participates in weekly on call rotation
schedule. This would include taking hospital transfer calls
- The ability to establish rapport quickly via
telephone or in person.
- Prefer three years experience in intake,
psychiatric setting (outpatient or inpatient), and crisis
- Prefer experience in insurance benefits
verification and admission precertification.
- Prefer PCI and CPI certification.
- Familiar with medical and psychiatric
terminology/psychotropic medications preferred.
Hill Crest Behavioral Health Services is not
accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this
employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or e-mails. All
resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Hill Crest BHS
via e-mail, the internet, or in any form and/or method without a
valid written search agreement in place for this position will be
deemed the sole property of Hill Crest BHS. No fee will be paid in
the event the candidate is hired by Hill Crest BHS as a result of the
referral or through other means.
Universal Health Services - 20 months ago