IT Hardware Asset Administrator is an individual who works in Asset Management group. The primary functions of this position are to manage the hardware and usage of distributed computing assets. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination with the Purchasing Department of acquisition and disposal, coordination of the billing and expenses, maintaining and tracking inventory for these assets, vendor management and meeting with customers to manage department inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain the asset management database containing all the information necessary for the lifecycle of an IT asset.
• Resolve discrepancies identified in asset management database
• Update the asset management database upon receipt of a change ticket
• Reconciliation of discovered assets that are not tracked in the asset management database
• Maintain stock locations for storing assets waiting deployment or disposal
• Maintain documentation relating to the asset management process and procedures
• Work together with IT, business, finance, procurement, legal departments, in providing reports that support the negotiating of vendor contracts, proposals to acquire software, hardware or service resources.
• Maintaining current knowledge of software or hardware changes and planning changes appropriate in response to business needs.
• Managing and tracking software licenses, reviewing volume and expenditure purchase agreements to ensure license compliance.
• Prepare and stage assets for disposal
• Reconcile disposal vendor reports with the asset management database
• Reconcile shipping orders against information in purchase orders for tracked assets
• Validate receipt of tracked assets and reconcile discrepancies or quantities with vendors
• Manage the validation of the asset management database records by performing a scheduled task to QA the data for asset records
• Bachelor or Associates degree in computer science, IT or related field from an accredited college.
• 6+ years working in IT related field.
• Experience with Asset Management systems such as Flexera Management Suite, ServiceNow, Asset Center, Remedy, OAXP or similar.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong understanding of asset management processes and principles for tracking IT assets
• Strong attention to detail
• Ability to quickly adapt to changes
This is a full time position with a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and LTD Insurance, plus a matching 401K plan, that starts on your first day of employment!
Atos Origin - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard