Software Asset Administrator is an individual who works in Asset Management group. The primary functions of this position are to manage the software assets in a distributed computing environment. This includes, but is not limited to, coordination with the Purchasing Department of acquisition and disposal, coordination of the billing and expenses, maintaining and tracking inventory for these assets, vendor management, Software License reconciliation and meeting with customers to manage department inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Maintain the asset management database containing all the information necessary for the lifecycle of an IT software asset.
• Resolve discrepancies identified in asset management database
• Maintain documentation relating to the software asset management process and procedures
• Work together with IT, business, finance, procurement, legal departments, in providing reports that support the negotiating of vendor contracts and proposals to acquire software.
• Managing and tracking software licenses, reviewing volume and purchase agreements to ensure license compliance.
• Identify unlicensed software and communicate risk exposure.
• Identify areas for cost savings on software licenses.
• Reconcile shipping orders against information in purchase orders for software assets
• Ensure the receipt of license keys and maintain keys in asset database
• Ensure the receipt of all software media and maintain it in the Definite Software Library
• Manage the validation of the asset management database records by performing a scheduled task to QA the data for errors.
• Preparing and delivering monthly Software Asset Management operational review for customer and internal management.
• Bachelor or Associates degree in computer science, IT or related field from an accredited college.
• 5+ years working in IT related field.
• SAM Certification or experience in Software Asset Management required
• Knowledge of various types of vendor software contract and license agreements in a global environment (ie. Enterprise, Processor Points, Named User, Client Server, Node Locked)
• Experience with Asset Management systems such as Flexera Management Suite, Snow Software, InControl, HP Asset Center, Remedy, OAXP or similar.
• Understanding of Software inventory tools such as SCCM, Casper, Marimba, Altiris or similar
This is a full time position with a comprehensive benefits package including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, and LTD Insurance, plus a matching 401K plan, that starts on your first day of employment!
Atos Origin - 2 years ago