Asset Protection Specialist - EAST
MD - Baltimore
Store Support Center-Corporate
This Asset Protection Specialist position provides guidance, support, and services to retail operations at the division, market and store level in such areas as general Asset Protection loss control procedures, security education, physical security, investigations, inventory control, vulnerability assessments, disaster control, crisis management, law enforcement/community liaison, and liability issues relating to security, safety, product contamination and tampering.
• Assist in the effective administration and implementation of Division Asset Protection programs
o Robbery deterrence and safety awareness programs
o Store safety programs
o Assist in driving operational excellence
o Inventory control and shortage interventions and training
o Exception based reporting trend analysis
o Investigations of loss to company through theft, fraud, or mis-reporting
o Interview and Interrogations
o Case and incident reporting
o Property damage and employee restitution
o Civil liability (lawsuits)
o Liaison with law enforcement and other governmental agencies
o Community relations
• Actively participate in achieving the Division and Company’s Asset Protection objectives and goals. Implement Loss Prevention programs and policies and procedures throughout the division.
• Responsible for reducing costs to the organization resulting from merchandise and cash variation, product write-off, gasoline drive-offs and audit expense.
• Assist retail operations and other departments with all necessary shortage control training and coaching, including shortage interventions, shortage reduction compliance and other proven inventory control initiatives.
• Assist in managing and monitoring the merchandise, cash and lottery audit function, including all audit scheduling within the division.
• Maintain routine communication with division and market management, franchisees, store managers and other division market personnel. Routine communication will be maintained through store visits, market meetings, other appropriate meetings and other methods of effective communication.
• Assumes and performs other duties and responsibilities as requested by management.
• Must strictly adhere to 7-Eleven’s Code of Business Conduct, and perform all company business in a professional and ethical manner.
• Position requires travel, primarily within the division
• Position requires a bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of five years operations related experience (preferred in multi-unit retail or restaurant Asset Protection / Loss Prevention )
• Position requires a demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of store operations and accounting processes, including all store and office environment equipment and reports.
• Formal investigative interview skills training. (Wicklander-Zulawski preferred)
• Qualified candidates must be able to consistently manage multiple tasks and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
7-Eleven - 14 months ago
"If convenience stores are open 24 hours, why the locks on their doors?" If anyone knows, it's 7-Eleven. The North American...