This full-time position supports Claremont McKenna College’s Office of Institute Relations by providing fundraising leadership and organization for the ten research institutes and centers. Working with the Director of Institute Relations, oversees solicitations for the respective Boards of Advisors, manages the steps necessary for individuals to be vetted for Board membership, and works on special fund-raising projects with institute directors.
1. Support the Director of Institute Relations by working with assigned academic directors of the research institutes and centers on board development and fund-raising priorities
2. Working with the Leadership and Annual Giving staff, develop and implement a plan for soliciting every member of every board for an annual contribution and/or a multi-year contribution corresponding to their respective terms
3. Working with academic directors, plan for special fund-raising initiatives in support of institute initiatives
4. In collaboration with Development colleagues, propose ways in which the Office of Advancement may better support the research institutes in the future
B.A. or B.S. degree required; undergraduate degree from a selective liberal arts institution preferred. Persuasive development writing and strong analytical organizational skills required. Finalists may be asked to write and submit a typical assignment during the interview process.
Three to five years of fund-raising experience with excellent writing and project management skills. Related experiences will be entertained. Knowledge of selective higher education development activities is preferred.
Ability to lead and motivate volunteers, develop consensus, and execute on agreed-upon work product.
Knowledge of Blackbaud’s Raiser’s Edge software and the Blackbaud Net Community, or experience with similar relational database programs. Thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite of products including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required.
Local travel and potential weekend work is possible.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Individual must possess knowledge, skills, and ability to successfully perform the essential functions of the position, or be able to explain or demonstrate how the essential functions will be performed, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Requires excellent and demonstrated goal-oriented skills. Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, and donor-centered.
2. Must have ability to work effectively with colleagues and with members of the academic community.
3. Requires strong interpersonal skills and an ability to interface professionally with alumni, parents, administration, faculty, and students.
4. Requires demonstrated excellent organizational skills, an ability to work independently with minimal direction, minimal administrative support, and an ability to work well with others. There will be times when multiple projects are due simultaneously.
5. May be required to work flexible hours, including weekends.
This is an exempt, full-time, twelve month position reporting to the Director of Institute Relations.
Claremont McKenna College hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications, consistent with applicable state and federal laws, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including gender, pregnancy childbirth or other related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition or medical leave, marital status, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. Inquiries may be directed to the Director for Human Resources, 400 N. Claremont Blvd., Claremont, California 91711-4015, (909) 621-8490.
Employment is contingent upon new employee providing documents verifying U.S. citizenship or, for aliens, documents verifying legal permission to work in the United States, applicant's acceptability for positions requiring use of a college vehicle is contingent upon a driving record acceptable to the College's automobile liability insurance. Promotion from within is encouraged whenever qualified employees of Claremont McKenna College are available. Interested employees of the College are urged to contact the Director of Human Resources if qualified for any open position. Please do not contact departments directly.
Claremont Mckenna College - 2 years ago