The successful candidate will work in the Insertion Device Group for NSLS-II project and will contribute to developing the state of the art magnetic measurement facility, certify various insertion devices and commission those in the NSLS-II storage ring. The candidate will develop the novel insertion devices, certify the various devices and commission those insertion devices in the accelerators.
• PhD in physics or a related discipline
• Two (2) years postdoctoral experience
• Knowledge and experience on hardware development in the scientific facility
• Knowledge and experience in development of storage ring insertion devices, especially in magnetic design, magnetic measurement, and their effects on beam dynamics
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Be able to interact effectively with a diverse group of scientist, technical staff and users.
• Knowledge and experience in the development of insertion devices
• Knowledge and experience in TOSCA® and/or Radia
Reports to the Insertion Devices Group Leader, NSLS-II Project, Photon Sciences Directorate. Please apply to Job ID# 15771.
At Brookhaven National Laboratory we believe that a comprehensive employee benefits program is an important and meaningful part of the compensation employees receive. Our benefits program includes but is not limited to:
• Medical Plans
• Dental Plans
• Life Insurance
• 401(k) Plan
• Retirement Plan
• On site Child Development Center, Swimming Pool, Weight room Tennis Courts, and many other employee perks and benefits
BNL is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to the development of a diverse workforce.
It takes a lot of manpower to build a nation's economic and energy security. That's why there's the US Department of Energy....