Information on the Department:
The graduate program in Expressive Therapies at Lesley University offers specializations in art therapy, dance therapy, music therapy, and expressive arts therapy.
The Expressive Therapies Division of Lesley University in Cambridge, Massachusetts invites applicants for a full-time position in the music therapy specialization of the master’s degree programs. This position is a 12-month assignment beginning in July 2014. Reporting to the Division Director, the Assistant/Associate Professor will teach courses and advise students, sustain an academic program of study, and participate in university citizenship.
- Applicant must have doctoral degree in Music Therapy, Expressive Therapies, or a related field.
- Applicants must have registry (MT-BC) in Music Therapy, LMHC licensure or equivalent,
- a minimum of two years of teaching experience,
- a minimum of five years of clinical experience and a record of scholarly work.
- Ability to teach related courses in Expressive Therapies is necessary.
- The ideal candidate will have graduate teaching experience and clinical practice with diverse populations, in addition to having personal involvement in creative/artistic work.
BACKGROUND CHECKS ARE REQUIRED FOR ALL POSITIONS
Applications will be reviewed as they are received, applicant screening will begin immediately, and the search will continue until the position is filled
Please include a cover letter, CV/ resume, and contact information for three references.
Lesley University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to increasing the diversity of the university community and the curriculum. Candidates who believe they can contribute to this goal are encouraged to apply.