We are seeking the right individual to serve as Assistant or Associate Professor of Pharmacy Practice with a clinical focus in Ambulatory Care. This 12 month, non-tenured faculty has an Ambulatory Care practice. The practice site is at Barnes-Jewish Hospital, nationally ranked by U.S. News in 15 specialties .
- Provide patient-centered clinical pharmacy services in the direct care of patients in ambulatory care clinics, including therapeutic drug monitoring, patient education, drug therapy consults, and educational in-services. Develop positive relationships with other on-site clinical pharmacists and residents to enhance patient care.
- Establish a viable practice role suitable for training and act as preceptor for students and clinical pharmacy residents.
- Present lectures on topics such as pathophysiology, therapeutics and/or electives; lead a small group discussion section for students to support curriculum learning outcomes.
- Develop a focus of scholarship in the area of Ambulatory Care. Opportunities exist for clinical research support and eligibility for competitive College research/teaching incentive grants provided.
- Participate in year-round faculty development and mentoring programs. Receive support for development of teaching, research and scholarly activity. Personal computer access, faculty development funds and office space provided at the College and practice site.
- Doctor of Pharmacy degree; at least one year of residency training with an emphasis in Ambulatory Care; PGY2 residency strongly preferred.
- Teaching experience consistent with appointment at the Assistant or Associate Professor rank in the college of pharmacy.
- Eligibility for both Missouri licensure and board certification in pharmacotherapy.
- Focused on student success as well as passionate about teaching, energetic, self-motivated, and capable of balancing a complex schedule.
- Commitment to the College’s Mission, Vision and Values including a commitment to diversity.
- Experience in leadership positions with pharmacy organizations.
Application Instructions :
Follow the simple steps to apply online. Please submit a CV, cover letter and statement of teaching/research interests with your application.
Founded in 1864, St. Louis College of Pharmacy is one of the oldest and largest colleges of pharmacy in the nation. Our student body is...