Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University offers the Master of Science in Safety Science degree and an undergraduate degree as well as a minor in Aviation Safety. The position will be a Graduate /Undergraduate Faculty position with responsibilities in the graduate program as well as in the undergraduate program.
The Department of Safety Science houses the most complete general aviation accident investigation lab in the nation. The masters degree is the only program in the nation that offers both Aviation Safety and Occupational Safety and Health in the same graduate program.
Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is the gold standard in higher education for aviation, engineering, global security and related fields. We draw students from around the world who are serious about their future careers. Our talented faculty, state-of-the-art classrooms and lab facilities and instructional best practices mean that our graduates are sought after by the biggest names in their related industries. The Prescott Campus of Embry-Riddle is a small, residential university in the mountains of northern Arizona where faculty/student interaction is highly valued and is a central theme of the campus. Prescott is rated as one of the most livable areas in the Southwest. It is located 5000 feet above sea level, has a mild climate, clean air, and is close to recreational and pristine wilderness areas and national forests.
Job Requirements The successful candidate will teach Aviation Safety and allied classes including safety program management, aviation flight or ground safety, airline safety, air crash investigation, aviation human factors, airport operations safety, and aircraft maintenance safety. Duties will include teaching, research, advising, curriculum development, and committee service. A Ph.D. is required.
Applicants should submit (i) a letter of application, including statements of teaching experience/philosophy, and research interests, (ii) a curriculum vitae, (iii) a copy of graduate school transcripts and (iv) the names of at least three references with contact information. Women or minorities are encouraged to apply. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Application reviews begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Additional Details EEO Statement: Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, handicap, veteran status, or sexual orientation. Diversity Statement: Embry-Riddle values diversity: We respect the rights and property of all individuals, regardless of gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, physical disability, economic background, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We believe in a community where all members are welcome, and individuals or groups are free from harassment. How To Apply Thank you for your interest in Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University. For information on applying for a job, please read the following section.
1. Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University considers applications for OPEN positions only. You can obtain information regarding these openings from
our online job postings. media advertisements. 2. Human Resources retains applications for a particular position only until the position has been filled. You may apply online, within each online job posting.
3. Applicants MUST meet minimum qualifications to be considered for open positions. Individuals whose qualifications and experience best meet the needs of the University will be contacted for an interview.
4. If you need any reasonable accommodations during the application or interview process, please let us know as soon as possible.
If you have not created your profile (using your email address and your own password) please click on the "Register today" button. Once you have created your account, you will be able successfully apply for the vacancy of your choice.
Please follow the steps below to update and add documents to your iRecruitment profile.
1. Log into your iRecruitment profile ( www.erau.edu/jobs ; click "Available Positions" and then click "Login here")
2. Once logged in, click on "My Account" (it is on the left side near the top); here you can update your entire profile. The default tab is "Personal Information", which is where you can add/delete documents. Just click on the remaining headings to view and update your profile. Please remember to "Save" often.
3. When you are finished, click the "Save" button and then the "Home" tab near the top right. This will take you back to your original welome page of your profile
Currency USD Amount of Travel Minimum Travel Work At Home