Assistant / Associate Scientist-1202491
BASF is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are the world's leading chemical company because we offer intelligent solutions for our customers and for a sustainable future. We link and develop people with diverse talents all over the world. For you, this means a variety of ways to advance. Not only your performance but also your personality matter to us. At BASF, careers develop from opportunities.
BASF - the Chemical Company - consolidated its plant biotechnology activities in BASF Plant Science in 1998. Today, about 800 employees are working to optimize crops for more efficient agriculture, renewable raw materials and healthier nutrition. BASF Plant Science is dedicated to cutting edge plant biotechnology research to serve the community as The Trait Technology Partner. Our motto is "Innovation Yields Results".
The Protein Analysis group is a knowledge driven service function within BASF Plant Science research. The group is a member of the Molecular Analysis Technology Center that utilizes molecular analytical technologies to support the trait discovery platform at BASF Plant Science. This group provides completed work package tasks which help advance Plant Science research projects to commercialization.
Responsibilities of the position will involve working in a team planning, designing strategy and executing laboratory based work packages related to protein analysis with an emphasis on immunological assay development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Develop and perform immunological assays for proteins. Must be familiar with ELISA assay, western blot, and antibody generation.
- Prepare data summaries, reports and presentation on research results.
- Ensure experiments are conducted within applicable regulatory guidelines, and acquire and maintain broad knowledge of state-of-the -art principles, theories and technologies and will generate new ideas that will help further develop BASF Plant Science traits.
- Provide protein detection and assay support to the group and will participate in protein discovery research. This person will contribute his/her technical and theoretical expertise on a day to day basis to the team.
Qualifications - BASF recognizes institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent
- BS degree in biochemistry or related field - OR- Associates degree in biochemistry or related field with 3 years of industry experience
- At least 1 year of demonstrated experience in ELISA assay development
- Self-motivated and able to conduct experimental design and carry out scientific experiments with minimum supervision
- Creative problem solving skills, strong planning and organizational capabilities and will have strong sense of time management and multitasking ability
- Knowledge of LIMS and/or data management systems
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
This position is not eligible for relocation.
- MS degree in biochemistry or related field – OR - BS degree in biochemistry or related field with 3 years of industry experience
- Demonstrated experience with ELISA assay development and western blot within the biotech industry
- Background knowledge in plant molecular biology, biochemistry and/or immunological methods
This position is within a job family and will be filled at a level applicable to the incumbent's qualifications.
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina-Research Triangle Pa
Function: REDE - Research & Development
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Organization: GBR-BPS Research
BASF is the world’s leading chemical company with over 113,000 employees and close to 370 production sites worldwide. We serve...