The primary role of the Assistant Account Executive is to assist his/her colleagues in processing and updating all client accounts and responding to requests as appropriate in order to support the service goals of the agency, while gaining insurance knowledge and experience. This individual will perform as a team player within the Personal Lines Department as well as interacting with other departments with the HUB Northeast Woodbury office. The Assistant will work closely with the Account Executives and assist with research and problem solving as needed. In this role, the Assistant will be responsible for all Long Island accounts both in the local Woodbury, NY office as well as those accounts remaining in Berkeley Heights, NJ.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assemble and scan daily mail batches for electronic mail delivery. Subsequent shredding of scan batches upon confirmation of successful delivery.
- Manage all processing and corresponding follow up for renewals, endorsements and cancellations for 10+ personal lines insurance carriers.
- Process policy change requests as requested from the Account Executives as well as directly from customers. This includes updating the client information in TAM, processing the actual request, managing follow up activities and processing any correspondence generated by the request, scanning and attaching said documents &/or emails to the client file. The Assistant will check the actual endorsement once issued by the carrier and invoice any premium changes associated with the endorsement.
- Provide reports needed for processing new business &/or remarketing of accounts such as credit scores, motor vehicle abstracts and CLUE reports.
- Provide account executives with quotes on existing or new accounts when necessary.
- Provide documentation to mortgage companies and lenders on behalf of the client for changes in lender information associated with refinancing, or proof of insurance when requested.
- Issue binders, insurance identification cards, evidence and certificates of insurance as directed by account executive.
- Provide Account Executives with updated summaries of insurance 90 days prior to policy renewal date to commence account review process. This will be managed by use of TAM Expiration reports in order to maintain retention and support all annual renewal initiatives.
- Manage incoming correspondence by scanning all documents and forwarding to the corresponding Account Executive via email or attaching them to the client file and generating an appropriate activity coded to the Account Executive.
- Manage all company generated communication either via download, carrier alerts or physical correspondence received in the office.
- Maintain effective business relationships with customers, company representatives, underwriters, as well as HUB producers and employees.
Proficiency in TAM, our agency management system or equivalent.
- Accurate invoicing of all transactions for new business policies, renewals, and endorsements. The candidate must be familiar with standard premium charges as well as fees that are non-commissionable to ensure accurate information. All commission rates in the system must be verified prior to invoicing to ensure producers are correctly paid and that all production reports contain accurate information.
New York State Property & Casualty Insurance License
Working knowledge of automated environment and various software applications such as Microsoft applications including Word, XP and Outlook
3+ years experience in a similar position, or a position that would easily relate.
Proficiency in the Applied/TAM agency management system
Familiar with common insurance industry documents and contracts
Knowledge of multiple insurance carrier websites and services, Chubb, Fireman’s Fund, AIG/Chartis, Encompass, Progressive, Hartford, PURE, ACE Group, Fidelity Flood, American Bankers Flood and other miscellaneous carriers
Hub International Limited - 9 months ago
Hub International is an insurance broker that operates more than 340 offices in a decentralized regional hub-and-satellite-office structure....