Nestlé's NESPRESSO is a global pioneer and market leader in high-quality portioned coffee. Our continued expansion brings new opportunities to those who want to be part of our growing brand!
We are seeking an Assistant Manager to help lead the team in our Chicago Boutique on Michigan Avenue! Do you share a passion for excellence and elegance? Do you share our passion for excellence and elegance? If you are looking for the chance to apply your talents to a fast-growing luxury brand, we can deliver the perfect opportunity!
Supports the Boutique Manager with the strategic plans associated with growing the Boutique business overall. Assists in the daily operations and execution of boutique/retail operations while achieving and maximizing sales. Lead and supervise the team of boutique specialists to create and maintain the NESPRESSO brand and value for our customers.
RESPONSIBILITIES:Sales and Customer Service:
- Ensure achievement of sales and service level targets set for the boutique.
- Maximize capsule, accessories and machine sales in the boutique.
- Lead the team by example in servicing and selling the NESPRESSO Trilogy to our customers.
- Ensure the Boutique is clean and visual presentation properly set.
- Provide exceptional service to both existing and potential customers in an efficient and effective manner.
- Motivate and coach the team to provide exceptional customer service in keeping with our image and brand values.
- Proactively manage and deal with customer interactions and complaints.
Cash and Stock Management:
- Manage shifts to ensure that each specialist and team are prepared and ready to work and communicate to each other at the beginning and end of each shift.
- Oversee and respond to the day to day organizational needs of the Boutique including but not limited to: store cleanliness, re-stocking, training staff on selling techniques, customer service, merchandising and product knowledge
- Leverage the strengths and competencies in the team.
- Ensure scheduling and staffing meet the needs of the business operations.
- Support and assist in the implementation of SOP’s and guidelines for the Boutique, ensuring full compliance by the team.
- Complete reports and/or documentation related to each shift.
- Supports Boutique manager in implementation of company programs by working directly with the team to execute action plans that meet the operations and organizations objectives.
Training and Coaching:
- Supervise and enforce the cash management policy, cash handling, boutique funds and deposit procedures.
- In partnership with the Boutique Manager analyze product sales performance and inventory needs, including the monitoring of expense and purchasing budgets
- Run monthly and quarterly stock inventories.
- Place weekly orders and define optimal delivery plan (frequency/cost/product availability/surface) to ensure adequate stock levels are maintained at all times.
- Manage all POS material.
- Manage all issues related to after sales service and customer queries.
- Ensure floor displays are filled with capsules, machines and accessories.
- Maintain current and up to date knowledge on coffee and the NESPRESSO Trilogy.
- Continuously evaluate the quality of service and give individual feedback to the Boutique Specialists.
- Create a culture of continuous learning within the team through daily meetings, focused group sessions, formal training and one on ones.
- Responds to immediate Boutique and team needs by partnering with NESPRESSO resources (Human Resources, Finance, Trade) and external resources as needed.
- Acts as a coach and mentor by using discretion in assessing performance, providing feedback and coaching to improve performance and provide employment recommendations to Boutique Manager.
- College degree in business or a closely related field.
- High School Diploma or GED
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- 3-4 years retail experience.
- 2 years supervision experience
- Knowledge of coffee and products
Ability to use discretion in providing direction
- Ability to deliver customer service that meets or exceeds the customer expectations
Nespresso is the brand name of Nestlé Nespresso S.A., an operating unit of the Nestlé Group based in Lausanne, Switzerland....