General Function :
The Assistant Center Director is responsible for programming activities and supervising a group of 10-14 children. When necessary, the Assistant Center Director will assume the duties and responsibilities of the Center Director when the Center Director is not on-site.
This position requires a commitment to the YMCA mission and its core values of: honesty, respect, responsibility and caring as well as a commitment to building developmental assets in adults and youth. Additionally, this candidate should value diversity, youth, teens and have a broad vision of health and wellness, which is enhanced by relationship building.
- For School Age Child Care a minimum 12 semester (16 quarter) units in ECE or a related field (e.g., recreation, education, or sociology), or have a minimum of 6 semester units at time of hire while the other 6 are in the process of being completed.
- For Preschool must have a minimum of 12 semester (16 quarter) units in ECE including units in: child development; child, family and community; and, age appropriate curriculum
- Minimum 3 semester units (2.5 quarter units) in Administration and Supervision of Child Care within the first year of employment.
- Minimum one (1) year progressive experience working with children in an organized program.
- Certified in Pediatric CPR and First Aid (or be certified within 30 days of hire).
- Medical/TB exam within 3 days of hire.
- Complete YMCA child abuse prevention and injury and illness prevention training within 30 days of hire.
- Minimum age of 21.
- Bilingual preferred.
YMCA of Silicon Valley - 17 months ago
The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to...