The Madison Square Boys & Girls Club, a not for profit organization that provides opportunities for underserved youth to strengthen academic, leadership, cultural, and career skills through an array of after school programs, is seeking dedicated professionals for the position of Assistant Clubhouse Director Director for our Clubhouse located in Brooklyn.
Founded in 1884, the Madison Square Boys & Girls Club’s mission is to save and enhance the lives of as many New York City boys and girls who by reason of economic and/or social factors are most in need of its services.
Under the direct supervision of the Clubhouse Director, the Assistant Clubhouse Director is responsible for the supervision of program staff and the planning, development and oversight of the delivery of clubhouse programs and services in the Core Service Areas of Education, Character and Leadership Development, Health and Life Skills, Social Recreation and The Arts, Sports and Fitness and Employment and Career Exploration. This person will be responsible for maintaining contact as needed with external local and national Club professionals and organizations, schools, community agencies and others to assist in resolving problems as well as recognizing and identifying various developmental and programmatic opportunities.
The successful candidate has a BA and a minimum of three years of experience working with youth. Must have demonstrated ability in Program development and implementation. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with young people from diverse backgrounds, ages 6-18. Seeking an individual with demonstrated group leadership skills, including an understanding of group dynamics. Mandatory CPR and First Aid Certification required.
- Ensure a healthy, safe environment in program areas.
- Assist in recruiting, training and evaluation of departmental staff and volunteers.
- Supervise and direct program staff members and volunteers in all phases of their work.
- Review and submit all required reports.
- Plan for and conduct staff meetings on a scheduled basis.
- Conduct periodic inventory of departmental equipment, recommend the acquisition of necessary materials and resources to support programs and order required materials within the approved budget.
- Ensure operation of club within the approved budget.
- Participate in trainings, meetings, retreats and conferences.
- Promote and stimulate membership and the development of the club.
- Interpret the objectives, standards and programs of the club to board members, staff, parents, and members of the community served by the club.
- Assist in establishing and maintaining a friendly, cooperative relationship with public, private agencies and other non-profits in the area served by the club.
- Ensure that site staff understand and effectively communicate standards of program; that they ensure program areas are safe, healthy and modern.
- Identify and support training and development opportunities for assigned staff and volunteers.
- Oversee proper evaluation, record keeping and reporting.
- Increase visibility of Club programs and disseminate information as needed.
Please submit cover letter, resume and references.