Job Description: |
Under the direction of the Furniture Designers assist in developing concepts and designs that achieve overall product strategy across product categories. assist designers with product development process by working with domestic and foreign manufacturers.
• Manage a product category, execute design process for a given season and business segment. (to be defined).
• Research and develop seasonal trends, themes, concepts, color, fabric and styling and/or product form function and manufacturing processes.
• Use Strong Sketching and problem solving skills to assist in the creation of designs that support merchant line plans, price points and overall creative direction. Build with the team strong, balanced assortments that include good, better, best strategy and core, must have fashion items.
• Ensure product design package is complete, accurate and handed off to Williams-Sonoma Agents and Vendors on time. Assist designers in compiling, and sending packages to vendors and agents. Track and maintain log of developments
• Maintains brand “P.O.V” (Point of View) and “P.O.D” (Point of Difference) through collaboration with design peers, merchants and vendors.
• Assist in preparation of presentations of concept and sketches for seasonal designs.
• Communicate effectively both internally and with international partners to ensure product execution according to design intent..
• Use strong organizational skills to maintain finish and design library.
• Function well in a team setting.
Qualifications: · 1-2 years product design experience. · 4 year college degree with a BA in a related design field required. · Excellent communication and leadership skills · Ability to produce technical drawings. · Experience with Graphite, Sketchup and / or FormZ preferred
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Epicureans are at home at Williams-Sonoma, a leading multi-channel retailer of high-end goods for well-appointed kitchens, bedrooms, and...