As one of the world’s leading premium lifestyle brands, Tommy Hilfiger delivers superior styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide. The brand celebrates the essence of Classic American Cool and provides a refreshing twist to the preppy fashion genre. Since its debut in 1985, the Tommy Hilfiger Group has become a US$ 4.6 billion apparel and retail company by offering consumers a breadth of beautifully designed, high quality products including men’s, women’s and children’s apparel, sportswear, denim, and a range of licensed products such as accessories, fragrances and home furnishings.
Under the leadership of Founder Tommy Hilfiger and Chief Executive Officer Fred Gehring, the brand can be found in leading department and specialty stores, as well as in its own expanding network of freestanding retail stores, worldwide. When PVH Corp. (NYSE: PVH) (then known as Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation) acquired the Company in May 2010, Gehring also assumed the role of CEO of PVH’s international operations, while Hilfiger remains the Company’s Principal Designer and provides leadership and direction for all aspects of the design process.
Tommy Hilfiger today has become a global brand with strong recognition and a distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,000 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Central and South America and Asia Pacific.
Basic Function :
The Assistant Designer is responsible for supporting the Fashion Knits design team with style and system maintenance.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Assist design team in all aspects of design process
- Sketch with technical accuracy new styles and silhouettes for the season.
- Create and maintain seasonal style sheets (mini boards) Format and distribute to all internal and external partners
- Maintain all style updates; black & white sketch, color and art updates, tech packs, ISIS, mini boards
- Set up style garment worksheets in ISIS
- Review and comment on fabric, trim, and art submits from Production team.
- Review Lab Dips and make directional comments and approvals
- Write design recaps after every step of design process for Merchandising, Tech, Production and Design
- Sample organization and maintenance
- Ordering of seasonal color palettes, assembly, and distribution to cross-functional teams.
- Contribute to seasonal design presentation and set up
- Bachelors or Associates Degree, or equivalent, in Design or Product Development
- Women’s experience preferred
- Highly competent in Adobe Illustrator
- Competent in Adobe Photoshop, ISIS, Web PDM or similar, Excel, and Word
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to function in a fast pace environment
It is the policy of PVH to ensure equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, religion, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, qualified veteran status, marital status, or sexual orientation .
Phillips-Van Heusen Corporation - 2 years ago
PVH has the buttoned-down look all sewn up. A top apparel firm worldwide and key US dress-shirt maker, PVH sells clothes, accessories, and...