UALR Functional Title
Assistant Director / P98320
The Assistant Director of the Arkansas Advanced Placement Professional Development Center is responsible for organizing and managing College Board endorsed AP and Pre-AP professional development for Arkansas public school educators. This is a full time grant/contract funded position and the continuation of employment is dependent on funds generated from these activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the goals and research efforts of the Arkansas Advanced Placement Program,
- Lead day-to-day operations of the Institute,
- Direct nationally recognized College Board AP Summer Institutes annually,
- Coordinate program management of the Advanced Placement Summer Institutes ( APSI ),
- Attend the College Board and Arkansas APSI directors meetings,
- Follow the College Board and the Arkansas Department of Education directives for AP Summer Institutes,
- Contract with approximately 40 College Board trained teaching faculty to provide AP and Pre-AP training,
- Create and monitor program budgets for contracts, grants and center,
- Monitor and document project progress and timeline,
- Prioritize project activities in order to meet deadlines,
- Assist in documenting and refining processes and procedures
- Evaluate the AP and Pre-AP training needs of Arkansas teachers yearly,
- Supervise the procurement of supplies required by the College Board and the teaching faculty,
- Manage and coordinate on-site professional development tasks at multiple locations, including the Arkansas School for Mathematics, Science and the Arts,
- Work with 200 Arkansas school district superintendents, principals and/or AP coordinators annually,
- Assist with grant writing and implementation,
- Support Mahony Center Director with research and evaluation of AP and Pre-AP issues in Arkansas,
- Collaborate with other content-specific teacher professional development in the state,
- Align APSI professional development activities with Mahony Center activities,
- Represent UALR at College Board regional and national fora and events,
- Present and/or assist in developing presentations for regional and national conferences
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Possess excellent problem-solving skills, diplomacy, and computer skills (Excel and Word)
- Ability to prioritize needs based on evolving conditions, switching easily between a variety of skills and tasks as needed to accomplish goals of the Center,
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude and professional demeanor,
- Ability to work collaboratively with administrators, co-workers, and supervisor.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills,
- Knowledge of the Advanced Placement program,
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication,
- Experience with program management,
- Experience with in service and pre-service teachers
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and handle multiple priorities demonstrated through past experience,
- Strong computer skills which include Word, Excel, and Power Point, and a variety of educational technology tools,
- Experience with budget management and Banner,
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which may include nights, weekends and holidays,
- Possess a valid driver’s license and the ability to drive a vehicle,
Required Education and/or Experience
A BA or BS degree; completion of Masters degree within one year of employment.
Preferred Education and/or Experience
Project management experience; program development experience; and experience working in a higher education or secondary school environment with adult learners; and a variety of educational technology tools. Experience in budget management and with developing online management resources.
Background Check Requirements
02 - Criminal/Sex
Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Daily, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Daily, Carrying 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Moderate Distances; Frequently, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally, Sedentary Work - Exerting 10 pounds: Daily, Climbing (Stairs, Ladders, etc.): Occasionally, Lifting 5 -10 lbs: Daily, Lifting 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Carrying 5-10 lbs: Daily, Carrying 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Sitting for long periods of time: Daily, Speaking; Essential, Hearing: Essential, Vision: Ability to distinguish similar colors, depth perception, close vision: Essential, Walking - Short Distances: Daily, Walking - Moderate Distances; Frequently, Walking - Long Distances; Occasionally, Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds: Frequently, Medium Work - Exerting 20-50 pounds: Occasionally, Lifting 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Carrying 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 5-10 lbs: Daily, Pushing/pulling 10-25 lbs: Frequently, Pushing/pulling 25-50 lbs: Occasionally, Standing for long periods of time: Occasionally
Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Spends approximately 75% or more time indoors, Conditions that affect the respiratory system or the skin, such as fumes, odors, dusts, mists, gases or poor ventilation
Posting Detail Information
Background Check Statement
This position is subject to a pre-employment criminal and Sex Offender Registry background check. A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant in the absence of a relationship to the requirements of the position. Background check information will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UALR EEO Statement
The University of Arkansas at Little Rock is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and actively seeks the candidacy of minorities, women, veterans, and persons with disabilities. Under Arkansas law, all applications are subject to disclosure. Persons hired must have proof of legal authority to work in the United States.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
University of Arkansas at Little Rock - 11 months ago
copy to clipboard