This senior management position is responsible for assisting in directing the administrative and financial/business support functions of the Building Department, including but not limited to all Human Resources, Budget, Procurement, Information Technology, Records Management, Customer Service, Performance Management, Legislative and Financial issues.
Illustrative Examples of Essential Duties:
· Coordinates the Commission item drafting and submission process.
· Directs the administration of department information technology systems.
· Assigns subordinates to investigate and resolve complaints received regarding alleged code violations.
· Reviews and analyzes budgets, reports, plans and specifications submitted from department staff and consultants to ensure compliance with prescribed standards and regulations.
· Instructs, trains, and evaluates the work of assigned personnel.
· Prepares and maintains reports, records and correspondence.
· Interprets regulations and standards and disseminates advice by responding to in-person and telephone inquiries from interested parties.
· Performs related work as required
· Bachelors Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, or in a course of study related to the occupational field. Experience may substitute on a year for year basis.
· Four (4) to seven (7) years of experience relevant to the major duties/essential functions of the position. Part- time experience will be prorated.
· Possession of a valid driver's license issued by the State of Florida for the type of vehicle or equipment operated with an acceptable driving record.
City of Miami Beach, FL - 20 months ago