EXPERIENCED ONLY NEED APPLY
LOCAL CANDIDATES ONLY
Job Description: Looking for People with Passion
Are you passionate in everything you do? Do you love working with children? Each day, our staff has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of children and families. At Children of America, you will work in an environment that values your contributions and gives you the resources you need to apply high-quality, developmentally appropriate programs. We look for educators with the highest levels of professionalism and dedication to the early childhood education field. Our staff members are able to use their creativity and the Children of America curriculum as the basis for unique lesson plans that are brought to life in a fun and imaginative way.
Key Job Responsibilities/ Essential Functions.
COA is looking for a passionate Assistant School Director. AD assists and obtains direction from the childcare director for a large childcare facility. Must be able to interact with children and parents on a day-to-day basis and must be able to deal with unexpected situations that pertain to students, parents and staff. Occasionally may be called upon to take over the management of the center in the absence of the Director.
- Assists in the day-to-day management & operations of the School.
- Exhibits behaviors which show the ability to learn and adapt the learning to increase productivity and profitability
- Possesses education and experience for advancement within Children of America.
- Coordinate with the School Director and Home Office
- Consistently increasing and maintaining enrollment
- Improve/maintain the high image of the School
- Maintain the School in a clean, safe and healthy manner
- Manage School budget effectively
- Provide for parent participation/community relations opportunities
- Maintain the human resource needs of the School including scheduling and running efficient payroll
- Motivate and mentor staff / Improve effectiveness of staff/ Expand knowledge and training of staff
- Know and implement the State Child Care Licensing Standards as they apply to the daily operations
- Comply with local fire department and state health department regulations.
- Know and implement Children of America policies and procedures
- Maintain records that pertain to the administration of the School in accordance with applicable state laws
- Supervise the implementation of Children of America‘s proprietary educational program for all classes.
- Maintain open communication with families, staff and children and provide tools to enhance communication.
- Assist with submission of daily, weekly and monthly reports as required.
- Bachelors degree in ECE or CDA
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Required 1 year of management/leadership experience.
- A combination of infant, toddler or preschool teaching experience.
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to create partnerships with families and staff.
- Strong knowledge in and ability to lead staff in implementing a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Respond well to crisis situations.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with families and staff.
- Capacity to understand and manage school financial duties.
- Computer literacy required.
- Experience working in an inclusive work environment and managing across differences.
- CPR & First Aid Certification (Preferred)
We offer: Our extensive benefits package includes:
- Competitive salaries
- Paid vacation, holidays
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k Plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- CDA training program
- Ongoing training through COA’s National Training Institute
- And more!