POSITION SUMMARY: The purpose of the position is to assist the Director of Purchasing in managing support functions for the Corporation including overseeing purchasing and contract management and other administrative support functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: THE FOLLOWING ARE THE USUAL, BASIC AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION. THESE FUNCTIONS ARE NOT TO BE CONSTRUED AS AN EXHAUSTIVE LIST OF ALL RESPONSIBILITIES DUTIES, AND SKILLS REQUIRED.
- Facilitates a work environment that fosters and supports ethical decision-making and actions by motivating, promoting and modeling ethical behavior, as well as executing job responsibilities in accordance with Citizens core values and ethics policies.
- Responsible for managing staff, to include overseeing and reviewing employee work to ensure professional, accurate and thorough procurement documentation; hiring, establishing goals, evaluation criteria and responsibilities; conducting performance appraisals; planning and delegating of work load; coaching, developing, conducting staff briefings and training sessions; and motivating employees to improve the quality and quantity of work performed. Also, responsible for communicating with employees both individually and in staff meetings.
- Coordinates, develops, and implements procurement and contract management policies, procedures, best practices and process improvements. Reviews procedures and processes and recommends changes, as necessary. Disseminates uniform policies and procedures to employees. Also, participates in the development of vendor management policies.
- Ensures compliance with procurement policies and procedures. Also, ensures the thorough and accurate review and analysis of all competitive proposals.
- Develops strategies and leads negotiations of commodities, goods and services contracts, organization-wide.
- Coordinates projects with Legal Services, Enterprise Portfolio & Program Management, and business units (BUs).
- Collects and analyzes data for budget and resource planning.
- Develops, maintains and employs spend analytics to develop sourcing strategies.
- Conducts and oversees market research; delivers actionable market analysis to BUs prior to developing competitive solicitations.
- Plans, coordinates and supervises the access, reference, retrieval and disposal of the corporation’s purchasing records.
- Develops key relationships with management and meets with business units to ensure current and future purchasing needs are met.
- Directs unit in developing competitive solicitations, requests for information, and other solicitation or purchasing processes and documents.
- Identifies customer requirements correctly and acts proactively to ensure customer satisfaction; ensures business requirements are accurately developed and integrated into procurements and contracts.
- Creates and maintains a multi-year procurement activity outlook; consults with and advises BUs in procurement decisions, strategies and timelines.
- Coordinates with Contract and Vendor Administration (CVA) for the development of contract documents prior to issuing solicitations; assists CVA in the negotiation of contract terms and conditions; collaborates with CVA on procurement pipeline analysis and strategic planning.
- Recognizes and anticipates problems and risks; gathers information and proactively makes decisions and resolves problems seeking consensus and escalating issues when appropriate.
- Implements and oversees a standardized process for enterprise collaboration on competitive solicitation projects, capturing input and approvals across the organization at the right times.
- Directs central purchasing activities. Represents the Corporation to agencies and vendors in the resolution of problems; determines recourse where possible, and prepares correspondence to begin the resolution process; seeks legal counsel when needed.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of management and supervision.
- Knowledge of administrative services program areas such as accounting, budgeting, planning, purchasing or personnel.
- Ability to apply and implement rules, regulations, policies and procedures relating to the purchasing process.
- Ability to supervise and develop employees in procurement methodology, writing, project management, and negotiation skills.
- Ability to determine work priorities, assign work, and ensure proper completion of work assignments.
- Ability to put specifications, conditions and regulations pertaining to bids, contracts and prices in writing.
- Ability to manage an administrative services program.
- Ability to formulate policies and procedures.
- Ability to understand and apply applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
- Ability to utilize problem-solving techniques.
- Ability to analyze and identify operational and/or management problems.
- Ability to develop various reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business OR equivalent combination of 4 years in college education and experience relevant to position.
- 8 or more years of progressively responsible professional experience in purchasing services or related experience, to include 3 or more years of supervisory/managerial experience.
- CPM, CPPO, FCN, or other relevant public procurement certifications.
- Property Insurance Experience
- This position requires the ability to sit, hear, converse over the telephone, and key frequently on a computer for long periods of time.
Citizens Property Insurance Corporation - 19 months ago