East Georgia State College is a state college unit of the University System of Georgia located in rural southeast Georgia, offering limited bachelor degrees. Swainsboro and Emanuel County, home of East Georgia State College, have a population of 23,000 people. The community provides the benefits of small town living including friendly neighbors, low taxes, excellent recreation and a high quality of life. East Georgia State College serves approximately 3,000 students and provides studies leading to the Associate in Arts degrees. In addition to the main campus located in Swainsboro, the College also serves an off-campus site in Statesboro, GA.
Posting Number S00041
Site Location Swainsboro
Full or Part Time Full Time
Number of Months 12
Work Schedule Traditional Schedule is Monday – Friday 8A – 5P
Extended hours will be required during peak processing times and some weekend work may be required.
Regular or Temporary Employment Regular
Position End Date (if temporary)
Position Title Assistant Director of Financial Aid/Processing and Default
Position Number FA/2
Job Description Summary Assistant Director is charged with the operational and supervisory responsibilities pertaining to the building of students’ records within the Data Processing operation. This position is responsible for assisting in directing the college’s Student Affairs – Financial Aid Department.
• Reviews student applications, determines eligibility, and makes financial aid awards.
• Complete file verification
• Processes and awards loans applications
• Process Revision Requests
• Update and adhere to the Default Prevention Plan
• Represents Financial Aid at Orientations, Open House, Financial Aid Literacy Workshops, College Goal Sunday, and other events
• Manage Federal Work-Study Program
• Oversee Transient Student Processing
• Monthly FWS reconciliation
• Supervisory responsibility for Intake Specialist, Processors, and Workstudy
• Counsel students graduating in regard to student loan exit counseling
• First Tier Loan Reconciliation
• All other duties as assigned
Knowledge Required by the Position
• Knowledge of federal, state and institutional policies and procedures related to student financial aid
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
• Knowledge of program eligibility requirements
• Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs
• Skill in the supervision of personnel
• Skill in the analysis of problems and the development and implementation of solutions
• Skill in oral and written communication
Supervisory Controls Student Affairs Director – Financial Aid assigns work in terms of department goals and objectives. The supervisor reviews completed work through conferences, reports, and observation of department activities for compliance.
Guidelines Guidelines include the East Georgia State College Employee Handbook, state and federal regulations, the Higher Education Opportunity Act, The Official Code of Georgia, and Board of Regents policies and procedures. These guidelines require judgment, selection and interpretation in application.
Complexity/Scope of Work
• The work consists of varied management and supervisory duties. Frequent regulation changes the diverse backgrounds and situation presented by applicants contribute to the complexity of the position.
• The purpose of this position is to assist in directing the operations of the college’s Financial Aid Office as pertains to processing and default management. Success in this position ensures that federal, state and institutional aid is awarded correctly and efficiently.
• Contacts are typically with co-workers, other college personnel, students, parents, high school counselors, and members of the general public.
• Contacts are typically to provide services, to give or exchange information, to resolve problems, or to motivate or influence persons.
• The work is typically performed while sitting at a desk or table or while intermittently sitting, standing, walking, or stooping. The employee frequently lifts light objects.
• The work is typically performed in an office.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility This position has direct supervision over financial aid data processing team members and applicable employees in scanning and indexing.
• Knowledge and level of competency commonly associated with the completion of a baccalaureate degree in a course of study related to the occupational field.
• Experience sufficient to thoroughly understand the work of subordinate positions to be able to answer questions and resolve problems, usually associated with one to three years of experience or service.
• Possession of or ability to readily obtain a valid driver’s license issued by the State of Georgia for the type of vehicle or equipment operated.
Preferred Qualifications Experience using Ellucian Banner is preferred.
Posting Detail Information
AA/EEO Statement Individuals who need reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process should contact the Office of Human Resources at 478-289-2035. Deaf and Hard of Hearing callers may access our campus phone numbers by utilizing your state relay service (such as the Georgia Relay Service) or by utilizing Video Remote Services. East Georgia State College is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity and Tobacco-free Institution, Federal law requires ID and employment eligibility verification prior to employment. Georgia is an Open Records state. East Georgia State College (EGSC) is an associate and baccalaureate degree granting, residential, liberal arts state college of the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to both academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the University System of Georgia, providing its students access to academically transferable programs of study, collaborative programs in occupation-related fields, and targeted baccalaureate level degrees. East Georgia State College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award associate and baccalaureate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of East Georgia State College.
Complete College Georgia East Georgia State College strives to create and maintain a learning environment maximizing the opportunity for each student to succeed. Each individual student’s academic success is important. Accordingly, every employee of the college has a responsibility to carry out his/her position duties in a manner which enhances the learning environment and communicates that message to students each working day.
This position description describes the specific duties and responsibilities of this position. In addition, each EGSC staff member has the responsibility to contribute as needed to other projects and initiatives to assure that EGSC carries out its mission and attains its vision. This may, from time to time, require active participation on committees or performance of other duties not specifically described in this position description.
Open Date 07/21/2014
Open Until Filled Yes
Background Check An offer of employment is contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with East Georgia State College, as determined by East Georgia State College in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials, and if applicable, a satisfactory credit check and a Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
2. Cover Letter/Letter of Interest
1. Unofficial Transcripts
Posting Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
1. What is your supervising philosophy?
(Open Ended Question)
2. Do you have Banner INB experience? If so, please describe your level of experience.
(Open Ended Question)
- 12 months ago - save job