The Assistant Director/Fellowship Coordinator will provide guidance to undergraduates about major fellowships and scholarships across all academic disciplines, offering advice and support before, during, and after the application process, which can often be time consuming and complex. In addition, the Assistant Director/Fellowship Coordinator will assist the Honors Program Director in fulfilling honors programming, advising, and administrative responsibilities. Assist Honors Program Director in recruiting and advising honors students. Assist Honors Director in developing and implementing Honors programming and activities. Identify relevant major national fellowships and scholarships for Minnesota State Mankato undergraduates. Collaborate with other university offices (Study Abroad, Financial Aid) that offer related services, and with academic and administrative departments to identify deserving students and recruit them for fellowship applications. Advise students individually about their applications, including personal statements, research proposals, letters of reference, and so forth. Serve as campus representative for major fellowships, which includes managing the campus selection process if a university nomination is required. Maintain records and periodically evaluate the effectiveness of the program. Attend the NAFA biannual conference and other professional development (i.e. one-day seminars offered by Fulbright or Boren) as necessary.
- Master's Degree.
- A minimum of one (1) year of experience with an Honors program in a student, graduate student, or staff role.
- Evidence of experience with national fellowship awards.
- Experience with applying for and potentially receiving national or international fellowships.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and disseminate a wide range of information in verbal, printed, and electronic formats to a variety of audiences.
- Experience in a university environment.
- Familiarity with basic principles of technical communication.
- Demonstrated experience with national fellowship application systems and knowledge of fellowship requirements.
- Demonstrated computer skills, including mastery of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to prioritize tasks effectively and deal with the pressures of looming deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to review situations and make recommendations or take action to correct problems or provide improved methods.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with various groups of people, including faculty, staff, administrators, students, and program representatives from outside of campus.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu .
Application Procedures: To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/mankato/default.cfm . A complete application will include the following:
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
Chris Corley, Director
Minnesota State University, Mankato
265 Morris Hall
Mankato, MN 56001
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/MSUAASF_Contract_09-.pdf .
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Colleges & Universities (MnSCU) Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MnSCU's vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.