Assistant Director of Nursing - ADON
Amarillo Center for Skilled Care - Amarillo, TX
Amarillo Center for Skilled Care has an immediate opening for an Assistant Director of Nursing (ADON) in Amarillo, Texas! The ADON will work closely with the Director of Nursing and the Administrator to manage the workflow of nursing staff in accordance with company, state, and federal requirements.
- Licensed LVN or RN in good standing with State Nursing Board.
- Significant technical experience and demonstrated leadership/management skills
- Geriatric nursing background.
- Restorative care philosophy, excellent professional skill (both assessment and hands-on and good communication, and organization skills).
- Working knowledge of nursing home regulations
- Ability to perform work tasks within the physical demand requirements as outlined below.
- Genuine care and interest in elderly and handicapped people.
- Ability to comply with the Patient Bill of Rights and the Employee Responsibilities.
- Ability to comply with Company and departmental safety policies and procedures.
- Accountable for nursing compliance, excellence, and delivery of resident care services in adherence with the company, local, state, and federal regulations.
- Experience preferably in long term care, with ability to demonstrate good leadership and management skills.
- Augment floor staffing if needed.
- MDS, care planning, participation in Performance Improvement and Infection Control where indicated; subject to needs of facility.
- Manage nursing staff through appropriate hiring, training, evaluation, assignment, and delegation of duties, within budget and resident census guidelines.
- Review and ensure proper resident charting and procedure documentation.
- Develop and implement resident care plans in coordination with physician, medical director, nursing staff, and outside consultants (i.e., therapists).
- Ensure appropriate equipment, supplies, and resources are available to staff on a timely basis.
- Ability to complete necessary assessments; have a good knowledge of infection control procedures.
Our company offers a highly competitive benefits package, including health insurance, tuition reimbursement, free CEUs for nurses, a company-sponsored life insurance policy, paid time off, and extensive company training.
Our company is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).