Monday – Friday – 9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. plus occasional early mornings, evenings, and weekends. Full-time, 12-month, live-in administrator position.
As a key member of the Residence Life and Student Life leadership team, the Assistant Director of Residence Life manages all aspects of housing and operations, from day-to-day needs to long-term housing and facilities issues, for a campus community of 1,700 students in five residence halls. Reporting to the Director of Residence Life, the Assistant Director focuses largely on housekeeping supervision and data management. This is a fast-paced, collaborative position interacting frequently with the Registrar, Student Financial Services, Dining Services, Physical Plant, and others. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in residence life and student services with a focus on retention and student satisfaction. Knowledge of and support for the Lasallian, Catholic mission of the College is essential.
- Supervise all aspects of residential housekeeping including inventory and budget control; manage 3 working supervisors, indirectly manage 20 full-time housekeeping staff; experience in a union environment strongly preferred.
- Maintain electronic inventory control of residential FF&E and housekeeping equipment and supplies.
- Coordinate major housing events; move-in weekend, seasonal hall closings, winter and summer housing.
- Analyze and distribute occupancy and vacancy data regularly, preserving strict confidentiality of student records.
- Assist in creating marketing materials to attract and retain undergraduate and graduate residents.
- Administer auxiliary services for residents; ID card access, wireless internet, satellite television, and laundry.
- Monitor resident satisfaction with dining services and meal plans; regularly inspect dining areas and kitchens.
- Maintain and expand on-line student services in conjunction with Computer Services.
- Gather housing occupancy and student satisfaction assessments to support retention efforts.
- Stay current on best practices in residential master plans.
- Support Admissions, Alumni Affairs and the Business Office (for Summer Camps & Conferences) with housekeeping and logistical support for high-profile events in the residence halls.
- Actively participate in the Lasallian life of the College; support Campus Ministry and Office of Mission special projects.
- Participate in day/evening emergency response and overnight Senior Staff on-call rotation as assigned.
If you are interested in being considered, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (718) 862-7350.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s in Higher Education or related field strongly preferred.
- Four to six years’ full-time experience in Residence Life or similar experience in a higher education setting with professional staff supervision and demonstrated success in housing assignment policy and procedure preferably including billing.
- Positive attitude, team-oriented, collaborative approach to Residence Life and student affairs.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative analysis required. Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint required as an ability to learn additional computer skills. Experience with Banner strongly preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational skills, time management.
- Strong leadership skills with a proven track record of superior project management.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills; strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to work occasional early mornings, evenings and weekend hours; occasional travel required.
- Ability and desire to live in College housing (room and board provided during academic year).
Manhattan College - 22 months ago