Located in Boston, Dana Farber Cancer Institute brings together world-renowned clinicians, innovative researchers, and dedicated professionals as allies in the common mission of conquering cancer, HIV/AIDS and related diseases. Combining extremely talented people with the best technologies in a genuinely positive environment, we provide compassionate and comprehensive care to patients of all ages; we conduct research that advances treatment; we educate tomorrow’s physician/researchers; we reach out to underserved members of our community; and we work with amazing partners, including other Harvard Medical School-affiliated hospitals.
The Assistant Director identifies and solicits corporations in an effort to raise sponsorship funds and develop new corporate partnerships and cause marketing relationships for key Dana-Farber events in close coordination with Jimmy Fund event staff. Serves as liaison to specific business units, events and programs to raise cash sponsorships and in-kind support: Golf, Little League, Rally Against Cancer, and other new events for cash sponsorships.
- Maintain pipeline of at least 150 prospects;
- Conduct a minimum of 200 donor visits;
- Develops corporate engagement plans and opportunities to expand the base of corporate involvement across all business units and events;
- Initiates requests to corporate prospects, creates sponsorship plans, and works with corporate sponsor to ensure appropriate recognition;
- Raises necessary in-kind support for events;
- Works in tandem with the Associate Director to advance sponsorship relationships with companies into other opportunities for revenue, including philanthropic gifts, cause marketing, and employee participation (golf tournaments, Walk teams, and Rally teams;
- Prepares proposals and presentation materials for corporate prospects;
- Responsible for assisting the entire department, including business units, to reach financial goals;
- Work with Associate Director to achieve revenue goals. Revenue goals as follows:
- Sponsorship cash: $600,000
- In-kind: $1,750,000
- Cause marketing cash: $100,000
- Bachelor’s degree required with minimum 3-5 years of corporate fundraising or sponsorship experience.
- Experience in consumer marketing, brand marketing, or consumer sales helpful.
- Detail oriented with excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
- Possesses the ability to work well with all DFCI Departments and donor constituencies, juggle multiple projects, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are required.
- A strong understanding of the sales process and prospect cultivation is necessary.
This position is full-time, Monday through Friday, 40 hours per week; some weekend and evening work may be necessary.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute is an Affirmation Action/Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to diversity and inclusion in our workforce.
Dana-Farber Cancer Institute - 18 months ago