Higher One Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: ONE) is a leading company focused on creating cost-saving efficiencies for higher education institutions and providing high-value services to students. Higher One offers a wide array of technological services on campus, ranging from streamlining the institution’s performance analytics and financial aid refund processes to offering students innovative banking services, tuition payment plans, and the basics of financial management. Higher One works closely with colleges and universities to allocate resources more efficiently in order to provide a higher quality of service and education to students.
Founded in 2000 on a college campus by students, Higher One now serves more than half of the higher education market, providing its services to over 1,250 campuses and 10.5 million students at distinguished public and private institutions nationwide.
At Higher One, we believe that every employee is critical to our success! Our innovative services depend on the energy, values, hard work and dedication of our employees. As we continue to grow, we look for others who are also committed to retaining a small-company feel while moving us to the next level!
This position is in the Campus Labs division, in Buffalo, NY. The Campus Labs team works closely with colleges and universities using data- focused tools to impact student success and engagement as well as to streamline and improve assessment and institutional effectiveness efforts.
Assistant Director, Student Success -Campus Labs
The Assistant Director is responsible for the success of Campus Labs member campus implementations and adoption of Campus Labs products. This position works directly with a broad variety of higher education professionals to provide consultation on assessment and institutional effectiveness processes, to build community, and to establish networks among all member campuses using Campus Labs assessment products.
We are looking for passionate, dedicated individuals who would enjoy working in a fun, innovative, and fast-paced environment. This is an ideal place for the person who is full of potential and motivation, someone who is eager to shape national trends in higher education, to work on a team of bright and enthusiastic professionals, and to effect and witness change on a daily basis.
- Deliver campus implementation services to ensure successful adoption of the Campus Labs platforms
- Collaborate with campuses to execute strategies that further the adoption of Campus Labs tools and services.
- Consult with campuses on topics such as:
- Increasing the impact of co-curricular activities on the student experience
- Developing strategies for improving retention and reaching at-risk students
- Creating a learning outcomes strategy with clear measures of success
- Using data to inform program planning and advising
- Provide education and training on a variety of student success topics and practices
- Contribute to the national dialogue in student success by generating resources and designing/delivering educational sessions
- Create and promote community among all member campuses through the use of blogs, forums, newsletters, and other web-based or social-media platforms.
- Develop on-going, positive, and productive relationships with Campus Labs member campuses, anticipating their needs, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring we meet or exceed customer expectations
- Work with internal support specialists to address questions and concerns from campuses.
- Work on and collaborate with a regional team of staff members within the Campus Success division to further the goals of shared campuses
- Work alongside the sales team to solidify campus renewals and connect them to campuses expressing interest in additional tools
- May be required to visit campuses and/or attend conferences to represent Campus Labs.
- Contribute to and/or lead other department and company projects, as assigned
Two to five years’ experience working in or with higher education. In addition, qualified candidates should be able to:
- Communicate effectively with various audiences in higher education, including student affairs, faculty, and senior administrators, regarding
- Solve campus and company problems using own critical and creative thinking skills
- Work with a team to ensure high-level, high-touch customer service to campuses
- Capability to work with customers on a consultative basis.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Multi-task with a high attention to detail
- Navigate unforeseen obstacles and change tactics quickly when necessary
- Knowledge of student success, retention, and engagement techniques and strategies
- Communicate effectively via email, phone, webinar, and in-person
- Comfortable with technology
- A Master’s Degree or equivalent in a related field is required.
Reports to: Director, Campus Success
This position is located in Buffalo, NY and cannot be done remotely from another location.
The higher ambition at Higher One Holdings is to facilitate higher education payments. The company provides payment processing and...