Under general direction of the Financial Center Manager, supervises all Financial Center (FC) activities, including coordinating and directing daily sales and operations. Directs personnel activities to ensure convenient and efficient operation of staff and FC within the framework of federal and state laws, NCUA regulations and UFCU policies and procedures. Successfully resolves escalated member issues, and effectively collaborates with other UFCU departments. Empowers and develops employees to support the FC and Credit Union initiatives.
# (In order of importance)
Essential Function Description
Create and foster a work environment which encourages a motivated, committed staff that consistently goes the "extra mile" in delivering exceptional member service.
- Facilitates member relationships through exceptional service and problem solving
- Demonstrates excellent member service skills and coaches staff to provide superior service
- Resolves issues brought forward by members balancing needs of the member with the needs of the credit union
- Leads by example in serving members
Effectively coaches frontline staff in the successful promotion and sales of assigned UFCU products and services to meet and exceed both personal and FC sales objectives.
- Meets with staff regularly to assess performance in relation to assigned goals
- Coaches for improvement and help staff to overcome objections
- Recognizes contributions in sales from staff
- Maintain and cultivate recognition program in conjunction with the sales and service incentive program of UFCU
- Promotes pro-active sales culture in the branch
- Assists Manager with outside Business Development Activity
- Leads by example in achieving sales goals
Maintains effective relationships and flow of information at all levels of the organization
- Maintains positive relationships with the membership
- Maintains positive relationships with staff
- Maintains professional business relationships with vendor partners
- Keeps manager informed of important details
Use principles of continuing process improvement to streamline and enhance FC operations.
- Ensures branch compliance with company policy and regulatory procedures
- Monitors and recommends changes to manager to improve efficiency
- Tracks and monitors staffing and productivity, makes recommendations to manager
- Minimizes risk to the credit union with sound decision making
Assures Safe/Sound operating practices in compliance with regulations
- Ensures security of branch operations including staff competency in security procedures
- Cooperates with Internal Auditor, Supervisory Committee and Examiners
- Personally maintains knowledge and compliance with all internal and external policies as well as adheres to all BSA regulations, and ensures staff is in compliance
Assists in Human Resource Development
- Assists Manager in recruiting, selecting and evaluating employees
- Consistently coaches and trains staff in pro-active sales culture and quality service
- Creates and implements staff professional development plans
- Maintains motivated branch team
- Ensures consistent staffing for quality member service in the branch
- Ensures confidential information is kept confidential
- Provides timely feedback, documentation and performance evaluations
Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree highly desired.
- Minimum three (3) years supervisory experience and/or related financial services or retail experience.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, Certifications, etc.
- Proven ability and demonstrated success in a sales and service role.
- Proven ability to coach and guide others in a sales and service role
- Demonstrated ability as a strong leader, either in a formal or informal capacity.
- Eligible for Texas Life and Health Insurance License (formally known as Group 1), Series 6, 63, and 7 at discretion of Senior Manager, Investments and Insurance.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve difficult situations
- Must possess proficient knowledge of UFCU products and services and/or other similar services in a different financial institution.
- Must be proficient in all MS Office applications.
- Strongly prefer familiarity with financial services software/systems.
- Bilingual in Spanish desirable.
- Note: Must be bondable.
University Federal Credit Union - 22 months ago