The Jewish Community Center has an opening for an Assistant Fitness Manager at our Creve Coeur ("SFC") location. This is a full time position eligible for our robust benefit and employee discount package. Our facilities offer private personal training studios with cutting edge equipment as well as a comprehensive fitness and sports operation including indoor and outdoor spaces for training, aquatics programming, recreational sports leagues, and an extensive group exercise program which include Pilates reformer studios. Applicants should have flexibility to work a schedule that includes evenings and weekends.
The Assistant Fitness Manager is responsible for fitness center on boarding processes, programming, and member experience. Our goal is to exceed members’ expectations in the areas of customer service, and achieving their personal goals. This position is split 50% performing management/programming duties and 50% performing personal training or teaching of Signature classes.
- As the lead for BeWell, work directly with Club One, Fitness Director and Fitness Managers to ensure Be Well protocol is standardized, up to date, and all new personal trainers are trained on proper use. Load new members into the system using the Membership team’s DSR reports and contact new members by phone or email within 48 hours of enrollment. Create and conduct in house wellness programs and events as well as Club One sponsored events.
- Together with Club One, Marketing, and the Fitness management team create and implement quarterly fitness challenges for our members. Lead the implementation, training, and delegation of tasks and duties for each challenge.
- Track participation and outcomes and celebrate success stories.
- Partner with our corporate clients to create and conduct corporate wellness “lunch and learn” sessions promoting wellness. Together with our Corporate Membership Coordinator, conduct presentations highlighting the potential of BeWell to potential corporate membership partners. Educate staff and members on the value of wellness programming. Track and report corporate account usage, and work with Corporate Membership Coordinator to support our corporate clients.
- As certified CPR/First Aid/AED Instructor, ensure staff is current on required certifications and safety trainings for position. Provide continuing education and in-service programs to staff at least twice per month. Track staff certifications and communicate upcoming training requirements to staff.
- Fitness Center staff members function as emergency responders for the JCC along with Aquatics staff. Ensure all staff are properly certified and understand JCC Emergency Procedures.
- Assist with implementation of and staff education on Signature Group Trainings, Small Group Programming, youth and older adult programming at the Staenberg building.
- Drive member retention through use of our software and online tools, marketing programs, and personalized member contact (phone, face to face). Analyze and proactively determine who may be a retention risk and develop strategic outreach plan to the identified customers.
- Promote, develop, and administer safe and effective goal oriented personal training programs for your clients, which have been approved by the JCC and/or the approved national fitness certification agencies. Present the benefits of personal training to all members and demonstrate the value of the program. Be aware of and able to offer current Fitness specials/promotions and be aware of programs offered across the J.
- Ensure excellent customer service and customer responsiveness to all customers, internal and external, from yourself and the Fitness staff.
- As a member of the management team, manage fitness operations with a focus on excellence. Ensure standard procedures are followed, implemented, and continuously improved. (i.e. recordkeeping, physical inspections, maintenance, OSE, OSHA, etc.) Provides direct supervision to staff when necessary and when formally scheduled as “Manager on Duty”.
- Understand and be committed to the mission and vision of the JCC. Be knowledgeable about programming at the J and advocate for both programs and staff. Participate in and promote programs and events.
- Coordinate with other departments within the JCC to identify opportunities and develop interdepartmental programming. Develop and ensure effective collaboration between the Fitness and Wellness staff both within the team and with other JCC departments.
- Monitor fitness and wellness programs, services, and sales activities of the JCC as well as those of our competitors. Analyze and recommend changes and or new concepts to keep our product/equipment offerings current.
- Track and prepare program reports (participation, revenue, sales, etc.) and monitor progress vs. goal.
- Follow all policies and procedures of the JCC and ensure that the Fitness team does the same.
- Attend necessary meetings, events, and training sessions as required.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- High School Diploma or GED required. BA/BS in related field is preferred.
- Must hold a current, nationally recognized personal or athletic trainer certification.
- Prior supervisory/management experience is required.
- Experience with fitness industry member management software is desired and or demonstrated ability to learn new software applications.
- Must be familiar with retail point of sale processes and best practices.
- Basic knowledge of fitness equipment, service, and maintenance is desired.
- Strongly developed customer service skills as demonstrated through prior work experiences are required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are required.
- Current American Red Cross CPR/First Aid/AED for Professional Rescuer is required. Training provided if expired.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include evenings and weekends is required.
- Physically must be able to bend, stoop, carry, and lift up to 50 lbs.
St. Louis Jewish Community Center - 11 months ago