Job Description Summary
Willamette University invites applications for the full-time administrative position of Assistant Football Coach – Offensive Coordinator.
This is an exciting time at Willamette and we welcome you to join our team as we strive to provide students with an intercollegiate athletics experience that develops life skills by cultivating moral, physical, intellectual and emotional growth. In support of the mission and goals of Willamette University, our program strives to enhance the overall learning environment for scholar-athletes. GO Bearcats!
To learn more about the Athletics Department, staff, faculty and student please visit http://www.willamette.edu/athletics.
Work involves routine situations as the incumbent performs a variety of duties and responsibilities in the University’s athletic efforts. Requires strong interpersonal and communication skills in order to exchange information with others both inside and outside the University and may have an impact upon the University’ reputation. May require exposure to adverse environmental conditions such as noise, extreme temperatures, inclement weather, and other adversities as the incumbent performs duties and responsibilities in both an indoor and outdoor setting. Will require travel due to varied locations of athletic events.
This is a full-time, year round position. This position is eligible for the University’s generous benefits package that includes: medical/dental insurance, sick and vacation accruals, contribution of 10% of gross base pay from the University in exchange for a mandatory contribution of 1% by the employee, tuition remission, and holidays. Salary is commensurate with experience and education.
Duties & Responsibilities
The duties and responsibilities of the Assistant Football Coach include, but are not limited to, the following functions, which are not listed in any particular order of importance or significance:
1. Assist the Head Coach in the planning, development, and execution of all aspects of the program and related activities within the designated sport.
2. Assist the Head Coach in the implementation of practices, games, and other competitive and training programs and events.
3. Assist the Head Coach in the teaching, coaching and development of principles and techniques to students involved in the designated sport.
4. Recruit qualified student athletes to the University.
5. Follow all NCAA , Northwest Conference and University rules and regulations.
6. Complete and report, in a timely fashion, all department, University and conference administrative information, as well as required academic, recruiting and financial information.
7. Attend all departmental and divisional meetings.
8. Additional duties as assigned.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Two years of coaching experience in NCAA Division I, II or III ; NAIA ; Junior College or high school level. Graduate assistant coaching experience accepted. Collegiate football playing experience preferred.
3. Must demonstrate strong communication and organizational skills and must be able to work effectively with staff, faculty and other members of the University.
4. Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student athletes.
5. Knowledge of all applicable NCAA Division III and Conference rules as they apply to the activities related to soccer.
6. Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly as they apply to student safety and hazing.
7. Able to effectively interact with a wide variety of people, including staff, faculty, students, parents and alumni, in a manner that positively portrays the University and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
8. Possess proficient computer skills, including Excel and Word.
9. Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with students, faculty and staff.
10. Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
11. Successful clearance of a criminal conviction record check.
Thank you for considering an administrative position within Willamette University (WU). Please note that you will need to create an account in order to apply, if this is your first time applying online with WU.
You need to submit the following materials as part of your online application:
• A cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis
• Current resume
Please do not leave sections of the online application blank.
Open until finalists are selected. Review of applications will begin immediately. Desired start date is February 2013.
Willamette University - 10 months ago