Instructor of Health and Physical Education:
This position provides teaching and expertise in health and physical education to related departments and programs; participates in appropriate professional development; provides service to the university and serves western North Dakota as a resource within area of expertise.
Assistant Football and Track Coach/Coordinator of Strength Program:
This position is responsible for assisting with highly competitive football and track programs which compete in the Frontier Conference of the NAIA and for coordinating and monitoring student- athlete strength programs.
COMPENSATION: $40,000 - $45,000 based on qualifications and experience. May be eligible for salary increase after 6 months. Comprehensive fringe benefit package including employer paid full family coverage for health insurance, NDPERS retirement, tuition waiver benefits and much more.
- Bachelor's Degree in Physical Education, Strength and Condition, Sports Administration or related field
- Successful candidate must enroll in and complete an appropriate Master's program; time line will be negotiated.
- Teaching experience in health and physical education or related field
- Football/track coaching experience
- Expertise in strength and conditioning training
- Excellent computer and Internet skills; Software skills in MS Office Suite
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize
- Detail oriented, conscientious
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with diverse populations
- Ability to present professional demeanor at all times
APPLICATION INFORMATION: To ensure full consideration, completed applications must be received by June 21, 2013. However, applications will be accepted until the position is filled. To apply, send cover letter, resume, contact information for three professional references, copies of transcripts and a DSU Faculty employment application (see link) to either the email address or mailing address listed below.