Genworth Financial, Home Equity Access is one of the nation’s leaders in the Reverse Mortgage industry. Our focus is to help Change the Lives of the seniors we work with. This is a growing industry and this growth leads to an exciting career opportunity for an experienced Assistant General Counsel. We are looking for people who will take their roles seriously and professionally, yet still want to have fun and enjoy what they do.
Under the supervision of the General Counsel of Liberty Home Equity Solutions, this position will be an integral member of Liberty’s Legal Team and will provide legal and compliance related support and subject matter expertise to Liberty’s reverse mortgage business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following reflects management’s definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
• Provide hands-on legal and strategic advice regarding all legal matters affecting the business including litigation, regulatory, compliance, contracts, employment and legislation.
• Anticipate, assess and advise management on the mitigation of potential legal problems and to ensure legal and regulatory compliance.
• Advise business in all matters related to federal and state industry laws and regulations that affect the reverse mortgage business, and other applicable regulations. This includes HUD HECM exams, state exams, fair lending, CFPB and corporate exams.
• Work with Compliance team to conduct or oversee responses to regulatory examinations and inquiries.
• Assist in responding to customer complaints and inquiries.
• Work with senior management to direct the development and implementation of company policy and internal controls to ensure compliance with existing and pending law and regulation.
• Provide on-going support of new Product and Service initiatives, including GNMA issuing.
• Active participation in industry activities and organizations.
• Law degree from an accredited law school and admission to the Bar in at least one state.
• Five plus years experience in the mortgage or reverse mortgage industry. This can be through a private practice or a corporate setting.
• Experience with FHA loan regulations and originations, preferably as it relates to Reverse Mortgages.
• Experience with 50 state and federal mortgage and consumer protection laws and regulations.
• Experience using regulatory research tools such as AllRegs, Lexis, StateNet, CCH or Westlaw.
• Strong contract negotiation skills preferred but not required.
• Demonstrated organizational and legal analytical skills; outstanding oral and written communication skills; ability to simplify complex legal concepts
• Ability to balance numerous priorities and coordinate with other departments, functions and locations; ease in working in a fast paced, team oriented environment
• Demonstrated ability to deal effectively with federal and state regulators
• Demonstrated and strong leadership/management skills and experience
• Prior experience in private practice at quality law firm and in-house preferred.
• Familiarity with secondary market transactions and mortgage backed securities.
• Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Collect, interpret, and/or analyze complex data and information.
• Generate complex reports from data information collection.
• Understand and respond to a diverse population.
• Sit for long periods of time.
• Works in an office setting.
Genworth Financial, Inc. - 30+ days ago
What's a Genworth? Insurance and investment specialist Genworth Financial might ask what your nest egg is worth. The company specialize...