Assistant General Manager/Kitchen Manager - St. Louis, MO
California Pizza Kitchen , multiple recipient of the 'People Report™ Best People Practices Award 'for lowest management and hourly turnover, one of Forbes' Top 200 Small Businesses , and one of Business Week's Top 100 Growth Companies!
WHAT IS CALIFORNIA PIZZA KITCHEN?
We are passionate individuals committed to inspiring others by bringing California creativity to every meal.
California Pizza Kitchen is a leading full-service casual dining chain in the premium pizza segment that opened its first restaurant in March of 1985 in Beverly Hills, California. Today California Pizza Kitchen has a highly recognized consumer brand with a loyal customer base, and produces an annual sales volume in excess of over $650 million. Our restaurants are incredibly upbeat and the atmosphere is very warm. Our display kitchens are a focal point, so cleanliness and proper kitchen procedures are a major priority. All of our innovative pizzas are hand tossed for a delicious crust, and hearth-baked to perfection, with tastes from around the world, from Thai to Tostada! Don't forget about our variety of distinctive pastas, salads, soups, sandwiches, appetizers, and desserts, including our Chicken-Tequila Fettuccine, BBQ Chicken Chopped Salad, Tortilla Spring Rolls, and Key Lime Pie!
OUTSTANDING CAREER OPPORTUNITIES!
California Pizza Kitchen has exciting career opportunities (with over 200 company owned locations in major cities across the U.S.) for Front of the House and Kitchen Managers with a minimum of 2 years of current, full-service restaurant management experience.
We are passionate individuals committed to inspiring others by bringing California Creativity to every meal.
Our statement says it all. We’re passionate, we inspire, we’re creative, and we love what we do. We look for those qualities in our team members on all levels. Managers are our leaders and the people we look to for guidance. If you’re passionate, inspirational, creative, and love the hospitality industry, California Pizza Kitchen could be your new home.
Where in the World is California Pizza Kitchen?
Our California vibe is felt across the U.S. in over 200 locations in major cities, not to mention our 47 international franchise locations in 11 countries! Impressive? Totally. Not to toot our own horn or anything, but we’re pretty excited about the partnership we’ve built around the world.
What Makes California Pizza Kitchen Special?
We’re glad you asked! We’re passionate about many things, but our people are at the top of the list. Ask any one of our team members what they love most about working at California Pizza Kitchen, and most will say “THE PEOPLE!” Our KINDNESS Fund was created to help our own team members troubled by sudden financial emergencies due to catastrophes or crises. Whether the issue is a natural disaster or funeral expenses for the loss of a loved one, team members in need may benefit from donated funds from fellow employees. It’s a circle of kindness we’re quite proud of.
We foster a culture of innovation and ownership, especially with our managers. We want you to be creative, run your own store, and take the reins so we can grow to new levels. Sound good? We think so!
Contributing to our communities is another topper on our list. We give our managers free reign to go out there and get involved in the community with charity events, fundraisers, and random acts of kindness; anything your heart desires!
Our 6 Principles
If you’re still wondering who we are, read on!
- It starts with our people and our culture.
- We celebrate the individual – in our guests and in our people.
- We look for inspiration from everywhere, but we don’t chase trends.
- We accept that some people won’t love what we do.
- Being “Californian” is not about a place, it’s a mindset.
- Food isn’t meant to be timeless; it should be surprising yet accessible.
What do you think? Need more reasons to make you want to be part of our family? Okay, keep reading!
- A 10 week Training Program
- Tremendously passionate company culture
- Opportunities for growth; we love promoting from within!
- Competitive salary and a highly attainable bonus structure
- Manager meals while working and a quarterly Management Dine-Out card to use on your family and friends!
- An environment where you can express your unique talents and skills (like nunchuku skills, bow hunting skills). Yeah, we quoted Napoleon Dynamite .
• AGM sets the tone and example for all management and staff; builds positive employee relationships.
• Observes, coaches and gives feedback to develop both management and hourly employees.
• AGM drives CPK service standards to ensure that we “amaze every guest every time.”
• Fosters a culture of innovation and ownership.
• Maintains high standards of restaurant operations and safety
• Focuses on driving sales, exceeding financial indicators, and building relationships in the community.
• Demonstrates a passion for food and ensures the guest experience by focusing on perfectly executed recipes.
If all of these sound awesome to you, apply online right now!
California Pizza Kitchen, Inc. - 16 months ago