The Assistant General Manager (AGM) is a developmental
position to prepare an executive to become a General
Manager. Partnering with the GM, the AGM is responsible
for achieving the store’s sales and earnings plan.
Responsibilities include: building functional capability
and competency in all areas of the store’s activities,
operations, and initiatives; building talent through
identification, acquisition and development of strong
performers at all levels (executive and associates,
selling and support); and building the brand through
complete and consistent in-store execution of all
initiatives and programs. The AGM is also responsible
for clearly defining the roles, responsibilities, and
requirements for their direct reports and the general
staff, and hold each accountable by setting specific
performance expectations, personally following-up, and
giving consistent and candid feedback. The AGM reports
directly to the General Manager.
in key areas of specific accountability and
- Achieve sales plan and other key performance metrics
effectively manage store P & L, in partnership with
in all areas of store execution requirements and
- Achieve and maintain full knowledge and competency
actions in a clear, organized and actionable manner.
- Communicate key initiatives, directions and required
every stage of project: observe the initial work
- Ensure successful execution by being involved at
in-progress; provide clear teaching and candid
feedback; personally review the end-result of the
work and the results.
execute actions to improve performance.
- Analyze business results to identify, create and
staffing hours, payroll and wage.
- Manage expense to guideline through controlling
- Maintain superior housekeeping standards.
- Direct merchandising, receiving, dock to floor and
E-mail Capture programs to meet or beat the
- Drive Credit, Gift Cards, Telephone Append and
Loss Prevention programs.
- Control Shortage through consistent execution of
- Build and retain a high quality team of executives
team to assess their presentation, behaviors, and
- Consistently review the individual members of your
exceed our standards, those who can be developed to
- Clearly identify executives and associates who
assume more responsibility or promotion, and those
who require action to meet standards.
promotable and developable executives and associates
- Build a succession plan. Identify internal
and make it a priority to make them successful.
- Identify, network with and hire the best external
improve their skills and overall performance.
- Coach executives and associates to enhance and
Counsel executives and associates with
associates with strong results.
- Recognize, reward and reinforce executives and
key executives to the next level.
- Retain talent. Be committed to the development of
activities and requirements in a full and complete
- Consistently execute all brand-related initiatives,
Branding, Merchandising and Visual Standards.
- Generate in-store excitement through distinctive
customer each day.
- Deliver our Signature Customer Experience to each
through friendly and helpful interactions with all
- Ensure the highest levels of customer service
- Resolve issues “locally" and immediately.
- B.S./B.A. from an accredited 4 year college or
well as the proven ability to work with multiple
- Minimum of 5+ years of retail management experience.
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities.
- Must possess outstanding collaboration skills as
stakeholders across business lines to accomplish
across stores with the ability to organize,
- Must have the ability to execute retail strategy
prioritize and multitask effectively in a rapidly
presentation communications skills - Bilingual
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, written and
Please submit resume and salary requirements for serious
Lord & Taylor - Stores - 13 months ago