To effectively train and supervise activities of all grocery department personnel to achieve the sales and profit goals established for the store. To ensure work shift contribute to the best financial interest of the store manager.
- Observe and enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Observe and enforce all local, state and federal health and civil code regulations.
- Maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance at all times and set an example for others to follow. Enforce dress code within the store.
- Actively support Grocery Manager in the fulfillment of their duties.
- Be familiar with and have the ability to perform duties of Associates under your direction (i.e. stockers, dairy, back door receiver etc.).
- Understand and work pro-actively to achieve diversity objectives.
- Understand P&L, invoice flows, calculating margins, cost and retail as well as basic supermarket math.
- Maintain records of inventory, quality assurance, invoices, etc. according to company policy.
- Plan for and build grocery displays as per planner.
- Perform other duties and assignments as directed.
- Greet all customers and provide them with prompt and courteous service and assistance.
- Handle customer complaints in a courteous and professional manner.
- Adhere to all standards outlined in the Customer 1 st Strategy Program.
- Assist with locating products for customer; or special order for customer.
- Ensure that proper training and development of Associates occur.
- Ensure that duties are assigned and delegated effectively to achieve maximum performance from personnel.
- Mediate disputes and solve problems between Associates.
- Maintain high standards of Associates morale and promote an atmosphere of teamwork.
- Effectively supervise grocery department employees.
- Administer disciplinary action in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Assist in evaluations of Associates in a timely manner and according to company policies.
- Share responsibility for cash accountability and accuracy of store bookkeeping.
- Follow all company policies and procedures regarding cash control in registers with regards to One Touch Accounting.
- Be responsible for scheduling and controlling labor costs to ensure they are within budgets.
- Be responsible for ensuring Associates provide an accurate account of hours worked and record them through the Kronos Biometric Reader.
- Avoid excessive use of supplies and ensure Associates do the same.
- Ensure that all invoice documents are accurately recorded and entered.
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained in tracking markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, voids and merchandise shrink according to company policies and procedures.
- Submit required reports to the office on schedule.
- Maintain proper ordering procedures according to company policies and control the level of damaged goods in the department and warehouses.
- Ensure in-stock position of all products at all times.
- Conduct inventories as scheduled and according to company policies and procedures.
- Direct communication with all vendors to ensure proper stock on hand, displays and special promotions are maintained.
- Adhere to all policies and procedure with regards to Computer Assisted Ordering (CAO) and the Fresh Insights Program.
Maintenance and Safety
- Ensure security programs for the store in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Keep store manager or key staff members informed of whereabouts.
- Attach receipt to products consumed or used while on break or lunch.
Tools and Equipment Used
- Assist in maintaining building and equipment in maximum operational condition.
- Implement the highest standards in housekeeping to ensure a clean, safe store.
- Ensure personnel follow all safety programs according to company policies.
- Six wheelers/u-boat, electric and manual pallet jacks, box knives, carts, tape, FM units/Telxon, and feather duster, Big Joe-forklift, bailer, compactor, computer, printer.
Other Job Demands
- Tile sales floor and concrete backroom.
- Indoors and outdoors, hot and cold (backrooms and coolers, freezers), around trucks. Sales floor –moderate temperatures and lighting.
- Basic math
- Reading, speaking and writing English
- Puts the Customer First - Anticipates customer needs, champions for the customer, acts with customers in mind, exceeds customers’ expectations, gains customers’ trust and respect.
- Communicates effectively and candidly - Communicates clearly and directly, approachable, relates well to others, engages people and helps them understand change, provides and seeks feedback, articulates clearly, actively listens.
- Achieves results through teamwork – Is open to diverse ideas, works inclusively and collaboratively, holds self and others accountable, involves others to accomplish individual and team goals.
- Leads through positive influence – Demonstrates strong character; builds partnerships; models a conscious balance between work and personal life; takes personal responsibility for own development; role models leadership qualities such as motivation, inspiration, passion and trust.
- Coaches and develops others - Develops and cares about associates, builds effective teams, helps people be their best, values and manages diversity, provides candid and constructive feedback.
- Leads change and innovation - Challenges the status quo, embraces technology, puts forward creative ideas, champions and implements process improvements, gathers the ideas of others, demonstrates good judgment about which ideas will work.
- Executes with excellence - Is action oriented, drives for results, sets clear expectations and milestones, reviews progress, acts decisively, solves problems, can be counted on to consistently meet or exceed goals.
- Provides clear and strategic direction - Plans and organizes well, sets a clear and simple course of action, stays focused on the most important priorities, has the ability to visualize and plan for the future, understands the industry and marketplace.
- Safety Awareness -Identifying and correcting conditions that affect employee safety; upholding safety standards.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Computer skills and training.
- Ability to cashier as needed
- After completion of Mentorship program, must pass Zone Panel Interview.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of three years experience in department preferred, but not required.
- Grocery Manager
Submit your interest through the Kroger Career Opportunities web site on the Fry’s intranet (see management for instructions if needed). Your interest must be followed by your written “Application for Posted Position" with your Store Manager’s signature. Application must be received by Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013 by 4:00 p.m.
Your application must be scanned to email and sent to [Click Here to Email Your Resumé] . Please complete your application thoroughly, as it will be used as a screening tool to determine who will receive an interview. All candidates may not be interviewed.
Please Post on Bulletin Board
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
We Value and Embrace Diversity and Inclusion
Kroger - 23 months ago
From a small grocery store founded by Ren Smith in Brigham City, Utah, Smith's Food & Drug has grown into a regional powerhouse...