Additional Job Information
Assistant II - Medical
PE Central Billing
Physician Support Services 001
Additional Job Details:
At St. Vincent's Healthcare, our goal is to have a workplace of inspired associates who are focused on our Core Values and who are interested in sharing their talents in a collaborative healthcare environment with high standards.
Our associates bring together a diverse mix of work and life experiences which creates an environment that is friendly and where teamwork is the foundation!
The Assistant II - Medical assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
Education & Experience:
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Previous Medical Assistant experience required.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required.
- National Medical Assistant (MA) Certification preferred.
How To Apply
Applicants may proceed by clicking the "Apply Now" button. To apply later, return to the Employment page at
In addition, you may apply via one of our Employment Kiosks in the following locations:
St. Vincent's Medical Center Riverside, adjacent to Human Resources Employment and Employee Relations, Suite 1102 located at 1 Shircliff Way, Jacksonville, FL 32204 or at St. Vincent's Medical Center Southside in Human Resources, Suite 220 located in the Roger Main Building, 2nd floor, 4203 Belfort Road, Jacksonville, FL 32216
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center at
between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.
Equal Employment Opportunity
St. Vincent's Healthcare (SVHC) will provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all associates and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identification or expression, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, genetic information, carrier status or any other legally protected status or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
To comply with federal regulations of the Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA), all employees are required to complete an Employment Eligibility Verification form (I-9). This law applies to individuals hired, including PRN, part-time and temporary employees and students.
Additionally, St Vincent's Healthcare is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is a web based program administered by the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, USCIS Verification Division, and the Social Security Administration that supplements the current I-9 eligibility verification process. The program determines whether the information provided by the new hire matches government records and whether the new hire is authorized to work in the United States.
A Member of Ascension Health - 18 months ago
copy to clipboard