The Assistant II - Medical assists with the examination and treatment of patients under the direction of a physician.
Education & Experience:
- Assists with treatments ordered by physician as supervised by physician or registered nurse. Performs select clinical duties.
- Interviews patients, measures vital signs, and records information on patients' charts. Prepares treatment rooms for examination of patients.
- Performs basic clerical duties including answering the phone, maintaining records, and filing.
- Performs basic materials management functions to include ordering and stocking of supplies. Assists with maintaining a clean and orderly environment.
Licenses & Certifications:
- Previous Medical Assistant experience required.
- High school diploma or the equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Medical Assistant Program required.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider required.
- National Medical Assistant (MA) Certification preferred.
A Member of Ascension Health
- 2 years ago - save job