Founded in 1971, WinnCompanies is a nationally recognized owner, developer and manager of real estate. Our company is over three thousand employees strong, with a presence in 23 states.
At WinnCompanies, we're committed to creating a respectful, safe and fulfilling workplace that provides the opportunity for self-improvement and career development. We emphasize innovative thinking, value each employee as an individual and offer the chance to share in our dedication to quality and drive for excellence. Ours is an environment where employees, together with their families, can prosper and grow.
Assistant Manager/Leasing Agent
This position is a dual responsibility position. The qualified applicant will be able to take on the roles and responsibilities of both assistant manager and a leasing consultant.
The Assistant Property Manager/ Leasing Consultant is responsible for routine operation of the 65 unit property. The purpose of this position is to provide the additional capacity needed to manage the property effectively. Responsibilities include but are not limited to initial lottery processes, Tax Credit Compliance, processing rental applications, inspections, rent collections, customer service and leasing.
This is also primarily a sales position with an emphasis on customer service, meeting goals and achieving results. The Assistant Property Manager/ Leasing Agent will manage the sales process from start to finish; presenting apartments and the community in a compelling way, overcoming objections, building relationships and creating excitement. These relationships will be maintained by providing excellent customer service and helping current residents resolve problems as they arise.
• Demonstrates product knowledge including a comprehensive understanding of the property, its residents, the geographic area, and the competition at all times and with all potential customers and residents.
• Ensures that all information provided to prospective residents is accurate and precise, avoiding any misinterpretation of company policy or of the rental product.
• Responsible for developing and maintaining effective telephone, greeting and demonstration skills and for effectively overcoming prospective resident objections in order to maintain a consistently high call-to-visit and closing ratio.
•Answers incoming telephone calls and addresses all emails leads on a timely basis, and records all such inquiries into the current Management Information System database. (e.g.: Yardi).
• Responsible for taking all scheduled and walk-in traffic on a thorough tour of the property, and for recording all such visits into the current Management Information System.
• Maintains Guest Cards and follows up on all prospects and leads, with the objective of converting each into a resident.
• Exercises no authority to offer rental or renewal incentives of any type without the specific approval of senior management.
• Keeps current with local events, hiring trends, and current events in the rental marketplace, which may have an impact on the property.
• Represents the property in a professional manner and always presents a professional image of himself/herself and the company.
• Assists manager with updating ads (print and internet) for maximum effectiveness and maintains a current and presentable Advertising Book for the property.
• Assists with the completion of the Weekly Vacancy Report and submits to Senior Management.
• Responsible for ensuring that the property, including exterior and interior common areas and vacant apartments, is presentable at all times, and that any necessary corrective action is reported immediately.
• Opens, closes, and inspects the model apartment(s) and the rental office each day, ensuring that the highest standards are maintained at all times.
• If applicable, responsible for being knowledgeable about all aspects of the affordable income component of the property, including the application and Recertification process.
• Responsible for presenting the ResidentsFirst program to prospective residents.
Responsible for having a thorough knowledge of all operating standards, including operational policies, plans, and procedures specific to the property, including, but not limited to:
•Security deposit policy.
•Lease break policy.
•Hours of office operation.
•Interaction responsibilities between the rental office, and maintenance.
•Photo ID Policy
•Dress Code Policy
• Handling rent collection, eviction notices, court agreements
• Processing Annual recertification
• Maintenance of the waiting lists
• Processing new move in paperwork
• Other tasks assign as needed by senior staff.
Tax Credit and leasing experience preferred
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
Knowledge of MS Word and Excel
Basic computer skills, attention to detail, organizational, and multi-tasking skills
Prior experience in leasing, sales, or hospitality a plus
Strong customer service skills and sales skills
Must have a vehicle and valid driver’s license
YARDI experience a plus
Anticipated Work Schedule:
Monday-Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm and weekends as needed based on occupancy.
Corporate Culture & Benefits
WinnCompanies is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and encourages diversity within the workplace. We are incredibly diverse with 47% of our workforce comprising of women or minorities. Here, you'll enjoy an excellent salary and benefits package in addition to strong career potential in a progressive and growing company.
We offer competitive Health, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance benefits, in addition to a generous 401(k) plan that includes a 100% vested employer match upon hire.
Learn more about us