Providence is calling an Assistant Manager – Acute Care Services to Providence Kodiak Island Medical Center in Kodiak, AK.
The Acute Care Services Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the Patient Care Services Manager with the planning, coordinating and supervising of the Med-Surgical Department in accordance with Providence philosophy, objectives, policies, procedures and standards.
In this position, you will:
- Foster change and teamwork.
- Demonstrate the ability to provide leadership by developing a positive work environment.
- Function as a staff nurse according to department staffing plan.
- Exhibit the necessary skills to build effective teams by coaching, building trust, and training staff to work collaboratively and cohesively with other staff and/or team members in a variety of settings.
- Assist with developing and implementing work schedules and work assignments fairly, equally, and in a manner which is consistent with staff learning and development plans.
- Assist with completing and regular monitoring of departmental operating and capital budgets and with anticipating and adjusting operating plans to meet facility goals.
- Assist with developing and maintaining quality control and quality assurance programs by developing indicators to measure, monitor, and report performance to other team members.
Required qualifications for this position include:
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of Nursing.
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Alaska.
- BLS or the ability to attain certification within 90 days of date of hire required.
- ACLS, PALS, and NRP required or the ability to attain within six (6) months of date of hire.
- Five (5) years Registered Nurse experience in an Acute Care and/or ED setting required.
- Effective skills in management, leadership, budgetary development and oversight.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in Labor and Deliver preferred.
- Minimum of Two (2) of supervisory experience preferred.
As the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States, we are committed to providing for the needs of our...