Kmart, a member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) family of companies, is a mass merchandising retailer that offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands and labels such as Craftsman, Kenmore, DieHard, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Country Living. We operate over 1,300 Kmart stores across 49 states, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. This includes discount stores, averaging 92,000 square feet, and Super Centers, averaging 165,000 square feet. We also offer a wide selection of merchandise through kmart.com and operate over 1,000 pharmacies within our stores.
Provides “World Class” Customer Service by surprising and delighting our customers every day. Assists Store Coach in managing the store including establishing priorities, following up to, and supervising store associates. Works with direct reports and other coaches in order to ensure the implementation of corporate merchandising, operations, and human resources programs and directives. Controls expenses and works to reduce expenses when possible. Follows up on all asset protection procedures to reduce invisible waste. Reviews operations of license departments (i.e., footwear) for optimal service and sales.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or preferred equivalent.
2. Minimum of five years retail experience or preferred equivalent.
3. Extensive knowledge of store merchandising and retail management practices and procedures.
4. Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to communicate with all levels of internal and external associates.
5. Analytical ability necessary to gather and interpret information and then implement developed and approved solutions.
6. Organizational skills necessary to receive disseminate, and follow-up to corporate information flow.
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays
Field Recruiting - Kmart and Kmart Super Center Stores - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -