Assistant Manager - Gap Outlet - Gallery at Westbury
This position reports to an Associate Manager for a Gap Inc. Outlet Store representing one of our four Gap Inc. brands: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Gap Clearance Stores. The Assistant Manager supports the store team in meeting sales goals, customer service targets, and Operating and Human Resources objectives through execution, coaching and accountability. The Assistant Manager provides training to sales associates and supports the Head of Store (HOS) in the training and development of stock supervisors.
- Sets and prioritizes daily store business goals with HOS and leads team to achieve them during Management on Duty (MOD) shifts.
- Supports implementation of Gap Inc. Outlet initiatives in store.
- Ensures store standards and processes are consistently maintained at all times.
- Demonstrates exemplary personal customer service and selling skills.
- Models effective Management on Duty behaviors to maximize staff performance and productivity.
- Sets the pace for quality and productivity on non-selling tasks.
- Communicates relevant customer feedback to HOS and/or Associate Manager.
- Executes projects in a timely manner as directed by HOS and/or Associate Manager.
- Contributes to the achievement of all store financial, revenue and expense targets.
- Manages labor effectively to maximize productivity and achieve daily/hourly targets.
- Consistently adjusts sales forecast to ensure labor is utilized to optimize sales generation for all scheduled shifts.
- Holds team and self accountable for all Gap Inc. standards of performance and behaviors.
- Participates in sourcing, selection and on-boarding activities for non-exempt store associates.
- Participates in a high-quality associate experience for new associates.
- Facilitates job training for non-exempt staff.
- Actively participates in quarterly and annual focal review process.
- Partners with HOS to create goals and individual development plans that support personal performance needs and growth.
- Promotes team collaboration through modeling Gap Inc. Purpose, Values and Behaviors, thereby maximizing store performance.
- Recognizes performance and customer issues and communicates to HOS for resolution.
- Builds strong relationships with store-center partners.
- Executes all Division of Responsibility as assigned by HOS.
- Responds to email and voicemail communication in a timely manner.
- Complies with all Federal, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements,
- Performs various administrative duties as required.
- Passion for customer service
- Ability to develop and train others
- Ability to lead a team
- Excellent delegation and follow-up skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Demonstrated conflict management and resolution skills
- Computer proficiency
- Demonstrates business comprehension
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1+ year retail supervisory experience, or prior equivalent experience preferred
- Ability to effectively communicate with customers and store personnel
- Lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Ability to effectively maneuver around sales floor and stockroom, repetitive bending,
- Prolonged standing, twisting, stooping, squatting, and climbing
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including evening, weekend and overnight shifts
GAP Inc - 10 months ago
The ubiquitous clothing retailer Gap has been filling closets with jeans and khakis, T-shirts, and poplin since the Woodstock era. The firm,...