Kmart, a member of the Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) family of companies, is a mass merchandising retailer that offers customers quality products through a portfolio of exclusive brands and labels such as Craftsman, Kenmore, DieHard, Jaclyn Smith, Joe Boxer, Route 66 and Country Living. We operate over 1,300 Kmart stores across 49 states, Guam, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. This includes discount stores, averaging 92,000 square feet, and Super Centers, averaging 165,000 square feet. We also offer a wide selection of merchandise through kmart.com and operate over 1,000 pharmacies within our stores.
Stores in this district include: Zanesville, Columbus, Reynoldsburg, Lancaster, Grove City, London and Marysville OH.
Softlines/Apparel experience is strongly preferred!
Kmart and Sears Holdings Corporation is committed to improving the lives of our customers by providing quality services, products and solutions that earn their trust and build lifetime relationships. We are proud of our diverse, high-performance team work environment and we strive for continuous improvement through keen focus on growth, effectiveness and a sense of urgency. We are seeking to grow our Leadership Team with individuals who are driven to earn our customers' trust and business every day, who lead with integrity and are able to motivate and inspire store team members to consistently deliver their best. Softlines experience is strongly preferred!
The Assistant Store Manager is accountable for driving business results through effective teambuilding, merchandising and coaching of the store team in the key areas of retail revenue growth, expense management, marketing, merchandising, process execution and customer service.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 to 5 years of retail merchandising and operations management experience in a high-volume discount, department or specialty store.
- Strong drive for results.
- Process driven.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, administrative and leadership skills
- Proven conflict management skills
- Strong cognitive skills, including problem analysis, decision-making, financial and quantitative analysis
- Proactively assist in leading the store to ensure achievement of business goals in revenue, expense, profitability, customer satisfaction, inventory shrinkage, and associate morale.
- Coach and develop the store team. Recruit, coach and train new talent.
- Support and enforce effective execution of retail programs and strategies to achieve business standards and goals.
- Analyze store financial data and partner with team to take action to maximize revenues and control costs at or better than plan
- Model effective leadership to gain commitment to store goals and training standards
- Embraces and implements store merchandising and marketing programs to enhance and grow the business.
- Implements all company policies procedures and guidelines as they relate to store operation
- Maintains an exemplary degree of professionalism in all situations
A comprehensive and competitive benefit program is designed to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Benefits eligibility depends on employment classification, location, and other variables. Benefits offered include:
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing and interpreting business data; translating knowledge gained into bottom-line results at or better than goal
- Demonstrated skills in working with peers, direct reports and support departments to maximize bottom-line results at or better than goal
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, computer skills including word and excel
- Knowledge of basis software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Demonstrated record of success managing P&Ls successfully and meeting budgetary requirements
- Demonstrated ability to make good business decisions
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
- Medical and Dental Plans
- Health Care and Dependent Daycare Flexible Spending Accounts
- Short and Long-Term Disability
- Company Paid and Optional Life Insurance
- Business Travel Insurance
- Merchandise Discount
- Adoption Assistance
- Kmart Advantage Rx
- ConSern Loans for Education
- Worklife Solutions
- Voluntary Benefits
- Commuter Benefits
- Sears Holdings Corporation Associate Stock Purchase Plan
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Vacation Time with Personal Days
- National Holidays
Field Recruiting - Kmart and Kmart Super Center Stores - 2 years ago